Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snap Cufflinks

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
These were new to me; I had never seen cufflinks like these, but I rather like these. I picked them up at my favorite vintage shop for $10.00. I thought I would share them. :)
They split apart and each side goes into each side of the French cuffs, They snap together and a little pin on the back of one pulls them apart -very clever and a bit sleeker than regular cufflinks.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
HJ, these were invented in the early part of the 20th century and the company that made them popular was the "Kum-A-Part" company. They were so successful that the name became synonimous with the style (like Kleenex) so this whole style are called "Kumaparts" no matter who made them. My favorite style also.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks Art!
I had no idea. Thanks for the name of the company. Now I can do more research! :) These are great. I am looking forward to wearing them at the office tomorrow.

I have a couple of pairs of these as well. They are pretty conveninet huh? ;)
You just put them in and put on the shirt. They are one heck of an improvement over the victorian ball ended jobs that are hard as heck to use on modern shirts.
Enjoy them they will probably last you another lifetime. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
jamespowers said:
I have a couple of pairs of these as well. They are pretty conveninet huh? ;)
You just put them in and put on the shirt. They are one heck of an improvement over the victorian ball ended jobs that are hard as heck to use on modern shirts.
Enjoy them they will probably last you another lifetime. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J
Thanks James!
I think I will need a pair for each shirt like this I buy. ;)

Marty M.

Vendor
To snapor not to snap.

Does anyone know how durable these links are? One hint about putting on regular links: before you put your shirt on, put the links through the outside folded back side of your cuff and lock it in. Next, put your shirt on and unlock the link and continue the link through the other side of the cuff. I can't tell you how much time and aggravation this procedure has saved me.

Marty

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Excellent find...

I have a couple of pairs of snap links, too, although not as nice as these (most of mine are double sided chain links). $10 was a good buy; you would pay at least twice that on ebay if not more. Very good job. Vintage links are certainly the way to go. The supply is plentiful and the demand low, and they literally don't make them that way anymore.

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Ample Cuff Link Supply

AlanC,

1. Your right period cuff links can be found very easily @ antique malls or stores.

2. Note correct 1940's deco period & earlier cuff likns incl. the snap ones are much smaller than mid 1950's to present clunky Swank links. Many currrent links in the stores today like Nordstrom's etc. IMO are too big.

Peter (Insearch of the missing link (sic)) :rolleyes:

shindeco

A-List Customer
I have a few pairs of these, too. You can often find them for quite reasonable prices in junk or thrift shops. I have a couple pairs with great art deco enamel work. You have to check carfully, though because the snap mechanism can lose its tightness with time. Sometimes the little wires have been forced apart and can be gently eased closer together but sometimes the post of the snap loses the bulb at the end. (I have one pair like this but they were so nice I bought them anyway). It MAY be possible to put a little daub of saulder on it but I've never tried.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot