Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SNEAK PEEK - The A-1 Racer - Black Capeskin Civie A-1 - Headwind Mfg Co

Skyhawk

Vendor
Fresh off the stitching tables yesterday! The black capeskin is quite thick at about 3.5 oz. Unique features include, 100% cotton sateen Scarlet red liner, 100% wool knits, an inside breast pocket, and a unique new collar design. The buttons are black antique style wide rimmed buttons. The jacket will be listed next week on the site.

The A-1 Racer:

Regards,
Jay

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
That's very striking Jay. Great work! How are the sales going on hour range? I think they look great.

Skyhawk

Vendor
That's very striking Jay. Great work! How are the sales going on hour range? I think they look great.
Thanks! I really like the way the color combination came out looking. Sales are going well. I have had great customer feedback on the Capeskin and I am very pleased with the way my personal jackets are breaking in. Keep an eye out for more new jacket models coming out in the near future!

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I see on another forum that some of your jackets are made in India, will it be the case for this one?

Skyhawk

Vendor
Thanks to you all for the comments and support! I will be posting more detailed photos and fit pics by the end of the week. This model will be produced in India, but not at a sweat shop. My leather crafters in India are very skilled and do amazing work. The parts are all hand picked by me for the jackets, and I design the patterns. I have put extreme stress on the test jackets, even subjecting one to 3 hot water treatments and 3 cycles in the clothes dryer at the highest heat setting. It held up like a champ! So I can attest to the toughness and quality of these jackets from my own personal experience and torture testing.

Skyhawk

Vendor
Here are some more shots of the first test jacket. It came out nice with only a few minor adjustments to make. I really like how the collar turned out! This hide on this one is a thick 3.5oz Capeskin. This jacket will also be available in 3oz black goatskin. This jacket will have tons of options as well like different knit colors, Black, Olive, Tan, Seal, and button options to choose from.

Regards,
Jay

RJR

Here are some more shots of the first test jacket. It came out nice with only a few minor adjustments to make. I really like how the collar turned out! This hide on this one is a thick 3.5oz Capeskin. This jacket will also be available in 3oz black goatskin. This jacket will have tons of options as well like different knit colors, Black, Olive, Tan, Seal, and button options to choose from.

Regards,
Jay
Very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points