Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Snoqualmie, WA - Hardware Store

Barbigirl

Practically Family
I just got back form my lunch hour where I went into the local hardware store just for something to do and I stepped back in time!

It was like walking into a general store and it was so packed you could barely walk through the store, stuff hanging from the ceilings. They had everything, all the usual hardware stuff the also Easter stuff, dishes, cooking untensils of all kinds, and TOYS! Every vintage toy you can think, I kept going, "look at this, I can't believe they have this!" off the top of my head I recall:

Gumby and Pokey dolls
Monkeys that wind up and play the drum
RCA dog piggy banks

Gosh, I am so overwhelmed, now I am drawing a blank but if anyone is looking for something specific let me know and I will see if they have it and mail it off to you for reimbursement!

Shearer

Practically Family
Ahhhh, you're so lucky to still have one. Don't they smell wonderful inside? I love that old antique, dusty metal smell they have.

San Diego had a great one in our Gaslamp Quarter, but I guess all the people moving into the new condos didn't appreciate it, and it closed down last year. It was like a treasure store inside there.

Dead thread bump.

The glory days of hardware stores. Peer Hardware (1945 - 1985), Springfield, Missouri, 1951. Three stories tall.

1710338186270.png

1952:

1710337591323.png

1973:

1710337482871.png

This display of Wagner Ware cast iron skillets reminded me that at one point Peer carried Griswold (1865 - 1957).

1710338246211.png

We bought this display rack (found under a counter) from Peer's going-out-of-business sale.

1710338319402.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk