So who are the Aero Fanboys ( and girls)

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Plumbline, Dec 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It's not helpful whatsoever except to a couple members who think that they are beyond reproach since they are surely quite different than many others that indeed should be named and set apart from their better personal outlook on a subject that actually holds little relevance except to expose other's supposed deeds (Oh but not misdeeds and not pertaining to them). Listing a long expose' of what they think the house rules should be (insinuating that they already follow them but some others except them just don't)...and perhaps those names should also be highlighted and registered as well. However you dice it...a couple members claim their innocence while suggesting that others should be revealed as being,well,just too preference prone. When actually most of us have read past posts and threads then have been quite capable to decipher where others usually truly stand concerning many 'outerwear' and member issues. This thread is nothing more than an attempt to put others squarely into certain camps only in order to declare..SEE. Lets credit or more than likely discredit all those who fail to be impartial as we loudly profess and expect for you to take seriously that they are certainly above the fray with no other motives than to be more fair. As if we just walked into the FL outerwear section.
    HD

2. Plumbline

Plumbline One Too Many

I don't see any evidence from any other manufacturer .... perhaps a little with regard to JC and Goodwear ..... but then only really in relation to A-2's. I've never seen a post re. "The Goodwear Fanboys", or the "Bill Kelso Fanboys" .. I have however seen many re " The Aero Fanboys"

I have to say I thought the treatment of Andy Fazlon apalling ( and said so .. there's that inconsistant application of "the rules" thing ! ) especially for a new entrant into the fray and also for the fact that much of what he said was accurate ( albeit he could have said it a little better ) I also find the way Stu at Lost Worlds is castigated a bit off as well .... especially from individuals who have clearly never sampled his products which are amazing. The lest said about the Alexanders issues the better ..... but again verging on litigious.

Recenbt posts about Schott's new range ( specifically targetting two of three specific jackets and their choice of models ) and Eastmans forray into new markets ( again re. website design and their choice of models) have been equally disparaging .... it might not be to my taste but the more the merrier and choice is a GREAT thing in leather jackets. These are just two examples there are many more ... Heron, Himmel Bros, Iron Heart, Coburn and even JC. I'm just not sure the critic is unbiased .. they are often made by the usual suspects .... and as such asked the question.

again ... just MHO !

3. Plumbline

Plumbline One Too Many

interesting opinion HD ... I struggle to see what innocence I'm proclaiming or indeed which house rules I've called into question ....... besides I thought I was on your ignore list ????

4. cordwangler

cordwangler One of the Regulars

The sentence continues: "It's not a problem to me, maybe to others."

As I made it clear, I'm not saying there wasn't an issue for some.

5. Why would you or even schitzo be on an ignore list? It's not difficult to disregard most of what you guys post immediately after reading it.
    HD

6. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

Grayland, I agree with the spirit of your post, but when the rubber hit the road, you were more disturbed by my defense of Horween than by someone trying to spread anonymous lies about them to a member who was trying to make an informed decision on a jacket purchase.

7. nick123

nick123 I'll Lock Up

Schitz, it's a joy talking to you too. Especially someone who share my same measurements...with that said, I really feel like this place had developed a sour tone the past few weeks. I might have contributed to some of it. With it being the new year, it's a new leaf for all of us. Let's put the baggage behind us and make this place great again.

8. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

Show me the quote where Carrie told us all that her new leather was the best in the world, that all other HH was second rate, told us why her competitors choose to use second rate products, how they were lazy in their design work, etc... and I will be the first one to post and tell her that she went over the line. What is missing from a lot of these comments about BK and LW is that there are plenty of us that have made the differentiation: Beautiful jackets / bad personality.

For those of you who think that BK was just "lost in translation" and are not on VLJ, when they designed the new Heracles jacket, he created a thread so that members could follow the design process. (a brilliant idea imo) What the thread turned into instead was a rolling criticism of the Hercules jacket from Aero, noting all of the places that Aero had made mistakes, what was wrong with the Aero design, how inaccurate it was, and how much better the BK jacket was... and doing it all in the most condescending fashion imaginable. Of course, the Hercules jacket he was constructing was a COMPLETELY different design from Aero's and thus the whole exercise was apples and oranges. What could have been a really epic and interesting thread turned into nothing but Aero bashing, and tarnished what was an interesting process and eventually a gorgeous jacket. It's not a problem with translation it's a marketing strategy.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  9. IXL

IXL One Too Many

My bias is for Oklahoma State.

10. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

"Bowl eligible"

11. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

IXL I care not the least whom your bias is FOR; I care only whom your bias is AGAINST. :D How about them Sooners or Horns? lol We need to re-direct this thread to a bashing of Big 12 schools. Yeah, I know; now there are only 10 teams left in the Big 12, but there must be at least one Big 12 school that you HATEand can give us a DETAILED rationale why. ;) Maybe Texas A&M that flaked (left) the Big 12 for the SEC, although rationale must be accompanied with at least one Aggie joke: eg. What is black, charred, and hangs from the chandelier? Answer: an Aggie electrician. :D

12. Grayland

Grayland One Too Many

I apologize if my comment (on the other post) came across as a swipe at you. I was in a hurry to leave for the holidays and didn't have the time to explain myself the way I wanted. I replied to your post but it was a build up from other posts (on other threads by other people). I meant no ill will towards you in particular and I'm sorry I came across that way.

13. Otter

Otter One Too Many

OK, I will bite!

Why do Aggies go around in threes?

One that can read, one that can write and one to keep an eye on the two intellectuals.

14. schitzo

schitzo Suspended

Nope. I've read it back three times but still can't work out what this is trying to say. Perhaps you could recap and clarify the key points? As that is there, I cannot process it

If you're referring to me, (I guess you are) I'm saddened to see that your confusion hasn't yet cleared. I have never tried to spread any anonymous lies about any company, period. And a closer examination of my words re this tannery reveals exactly that. As i recall it, at the time you kept posting up quotes that simply didn't tally with what you were accusing me of. You did not seem able or prepared to understand what devil's advocate is, and how that works. One last time OK, and then we really need to move on because I can't keep going back there:
    In my opinion HORWEEN makes great leather and as far as I know they do not cut any corners, nor have they ever.
    You can quote me on that, OK. That is my position. I trust that is clear enough and that it removes any lingering doubts. So please, if you need to throw a stone at me, find a new one now and try to base it around something other than your own inability to understand what's being presented. Your misunderstanding & subsequent unwillingness to listen to the clarifications that followed AND reality - are NOT the same thing.

Sadly it would seem that for this thread to be discussed calmly and without the nastiness is becoming less and less likely. In fact, as far as I can see this is rapidly descending into the type of school playground scene that is, quite frankly, unbecoming for a group of fully grown men, many of whom I'd assume are fathers. Poor PL , as polite and entirely reasonable as he is, it would appear, is about to be shouted over and or disparaged to the point that there is no other option left but for it to be closed. In which case those who don't like the questions raised (as perfectly reasonable as those are) will have succeeded. If you ask me, such a state of affairs is a crying shame

Plum, I know you said you only have one mode when it comes to bullies, but perhaps you might try not responding to some of it?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  15. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Otter you miss my point. There must be a rationale why you hate Texas A&M and Aggie alumni in general. Malicious slender accepted but within reason so the mods won't shut down this contentious thread. Then and only then, the Aggie joke.

16. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

No apology necessary. I was at a point where I was tired of all of this innuendo, especially anonymously, and you had clearly had enough of the Aero defense guild. Hopefully soon we'll all be back to drooling over pics of great jackets.

17. Otter

Otter One Too Many

OK, point accepted. Can I say that the went to a Cow College then they claimed it was a Horse College? :)

18. pawineguy

pawineguy One Too Many

I'm not referring to you. (a bit of vanity showing itself there Schitzo?) I have no idea who was communicating with the OP in the Horween thread, and it's not relevant. What was relevant was that I was trying to correct the lies of the anonymous tipster.

As far as I can see, the thread is going along fine, so while I don't like the original premise at least people are getting some things off their chests.

19. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

That would be more Oklahoma State than Texas A&M but must tread carefully without ruffling the feathers of IXL whom I am pretty sure is an OSU shill. :D

20. scotrace

scotrace Head Bartender Staff Member

Said the guy with a ready can of Nasty Juice.

As long as people's Cheerios keep getting ****** in, yes, this is going nowhere.
    If a person has a favorite brand of leather jacket, or tires, or toothpaste, or phone - that's normal. We can't all like the same thing-- that'd be boring. No one objects to having favorites, or not having favorites, or defending favorites, or comparing merits, or sharing experiences, whatever.

This is what we object to:

"I'm just here to state, in my irreproachably unbiased way, that these other people are turd faces with sordid agendas and unmarried parents. But we all know this place is biased toward them, so I'm not allowed to say so on this Gestapo-Run board that ignores My Constitutional Rights."

It's horse ****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.