Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SoCal Wildfires

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Is everybody around those parts doing okay?

It's looking pretty bad out there in the news. I'm not sure where everybody around there lives, but 213,000 acres have been burned up so far.

Stay safe, everybody.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Most of us are pretty far from the fire....although we can see the smoke. Matt Deckard called me. He said that he was on the freeway and it was raining ashes.

Please pray for the poor people who are there.

Thanks for asking.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It is still raining ashes where I live.

I arrived home and moved my doorway mat and saw a black white ash outline.

The smoke is everywhere.
I don't live close enough to the hills fo the fire to affect me, but I can see a terrible sight from where I am.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Sounds rough.

I just talked to Cameron over at Gibson & Barnes. He said the fires have come to within 3 miles of the factory, and they've had to evacuate it. Only a skeleton crew is there right now.

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
I heard on the radio this morning that all of the air travel is being delayed because all of it is controlled trough Miramar, near San Diego. The fires were so close that they had to run from the bldg! That is really close to Flightsuits, yipes!

Koreana

Familiar Face
I was going to post this but looks like Zohar beat me to it... GAWD DARN IT! I got the Fontana fire 10 miles west, the Waterman fire 10 miles north, Moreno Valley/Devore fire 20 minutes away and now I just heard about Riverside having one! And thats about 15 minutes away! South! If you want to experience Hell on earth, come to San Bernardino. It really pisses me off that I am breathing in smoke and ash 11 hours a day. Thank you for letting me vent this out. I pray that they catch the idiot(s) who started all this. Sick B@5t@rds.

Jun

Michaelson

One Too Many
Hang in there, old buddy! My kids were out in Colorado last year during the big fires that summer, totally surrounded by 4 main fires, and had to breathe that garbage that entire fire season. My son-in-law told me he even lost his craving for cigarette's as he was getting a good dose of smoke everything he stepped outside.;) It can't last much longer! High regards. Michaelson

gobler

One of the Regulars
I just posted a thread over at COW asking the SoCals to check in. All this distruction and death started by a couple of idiots! :rage:

Jeff

Dr. J

Familiar Face
Dr. J is alive and well (and nowhere near the fires, thank goodness). Wishing everyone well and a quick end to this disaster. God bless.

Regards,

Dr. J

Sergei

Gone Home
It has been a very hairy 3 days. The fires were on three sides of our community. Flames were visible from all 3 sides. We packed our bags and were waiting for the call to evacuate. Fortunately as i am writing this last night, the winds shifted and now we are safe. But the smoke is really bad. Monday we were all forced to stay at home since the roads were all closed around us. Tuesday I went to work, but the office was full of smoke. It was bad. It was so smoky you couldn't see the sun. I know 4 of my friends that have lost their homes in the Scripps Ranch area. They were less than 4 miles away

I think finally Wednesday will be better here. But it's so sad to see that our spared destruction went to the mountain communities. I am so stunned to the vast destruction of San Diego county. It seems there is no part of the county that was not touched. Our fire alone, broke the California record. The three fires immediately around our house caused the following:
Fire Size: 567,301 acres.
Homes: 1,642 destroyed.
Deaths: 16.

The whole county is completely enveloped with thick, hazardous smoke. If you look at a satellite map, the smoke goes out to the Pacific for at least another 500 miles.

Hardly any fire fighting air support and ground support until yesterday. A lot of the local fire fighters (including the San Diego fire fighters, with their air and truck equipment) were in LA fighting the fires up there. Let's say it looked like another Gray Davis screw up. We could of have used the two C-130 air tankers that were parked in Point Mugoo doing nothing. Nevertheless, the people that lost their homes were very bitter with not having to see any fire men around to help. It was very minimal. About 200 fire fighters were available Sunday afternoon to fight with fire lines as long as 50 miles in some spots. With no air support, it was frustrating just to watch everything just burn down without a fight.

I can't wait for life to be normal again.

Minnesota_Jones

Familiar Face
I'm glad you're all okay out there Sergei/Dan/Koreana and the gang. Hang in there! I was getting a little worried myself.... my thoughts and prayers go out to the people that lost their homes or worse, loved ones.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Well said, and totally agreed with, Minnesota! Glad to hear from you Sergei!!!!! I knew Koreana and Dan were ok, but you fell off radar. I was getting concerned. High regards, and take care. Michaelson

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
What can I add, but relief for you all on my end as well.

Boy, Hurricanes out here, fires out there. This has been a strange season.

We'll continue to keep you all in our thoughts and prayers for continued safety.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk