Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**SOLD** 1930's? Emerson Black Long Hair 22.5" 7 1/8

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I posted this in the 'long-hair' thread earlier today, hoping to give it a 1/4" stretch and wear this Winter. The stitching (direct to felt) looked great, but when I was Lexol'ing the attachment area, my fingers pushed a couple of areas through - busted the threads. So...no stretching.

It's a large 7 1/8 - almost 22.5", and a wonderful hat with absolutely no issues other than two areas where the sweatband is now separated.

Given it's not stretchable, I won't be able to wear it - I'm looking for a good trade for a slightly larger hat - around 22.75" (7 1/4 + 1/16), but larger works as well. I'm looking for a non-stingy vintage hat.

ScottF said:
I'm guessing this is early '40s, late '30s? It has a huge Union tag - an inch or more square. That 'Hamberger' store tag is actually stapled on (you can see staples in last pic).

EmersonSideUnb.jpg

EmersonSide2.jpg

EmersonTop.jpg

EmersonSweatLogo.jpg

EmersonSweatOther.jpg

EmersonLiner.jpg

EmersonPrice.jpg

EmersonUnion.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
I would like something of similar quality, and an older hat - just a traditional wide-brim felt fedora. I have experimented with styles as much as anyone, but value needs to be similar on this one.

If you are interested in trading, let me know what you have.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
bolthead said:
I wish I had something to offer you.......:eusa_clap

Thanks Bolthead.

Dimensions are: brim- 2 3/8", crown (bashed as shown) - 5", unbashed - 5.5"

doukhobar

New in Town
Open to buy or trade

Hi Scott,
This is Matt from Ebay, maybe you remember I was interested in some of your hats int he past and we traded pictures. I don't know how to PM on here so I will send you an email instead about this hat.
Thanks!
Matt

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
doukhobar said:
Hi Scott,
This is Matt from Ebay, maybe you remember I was interested in some of your hats int he past and we traded pictures. I don't know how to PM on here so I will send you an email instead about this hat.
Thanks!
Matt

Hi Matt! Thanks for your interest, but I just sold it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Takatāpui