Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: 30's-40's houndstooth suit

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
I can enthusiastically vouch for both the suit and the seller. Whoever gets this one will have a very high quality '40s suit in his hands.

It's RARE to find vintage '30s-'40s suits that are high-end. When was the last time you stumbled across, say, a '30s Oxxford (which was then spelled "Oxford") suit? Slicedbread's was made for Carson, Pirie, Scott: a top clothier of the era. The construction, cut and fabric are on a par with any Oxxford suit of the era. It doesn't get better than this.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Damn were'nt there any short fat people in the Thirties? That is a beauty.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
There were probably a few short fats and quite a few tall thins. What was uncommon was men who were both just a little taller and a little heavier than average.

Look in old police lineups and you see quite a few guys in the 5'3"-5'8" range and a few 6' or over. Almost nobody was 5'9"-5'11" and it was rare to see a pudgy individual under the age of 40.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Depression Era guys - skinny bar stewards

They were that size becasue they did not eat as much as us and hang around doing the couch potato thing right?

vonwotan

Practically Family
Love the suit and fabric. If only there were a few around for the short thin guy... There don't seem to have been that many at any time. :eek: I have several favourite searches set up and, so far, they return mostly newly made and not terribly attractive suits.

kools

Practically Family
I am also interested, if it does not for Sefton & the measurements work. I've been looking for one like this for quite a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points