Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD...Beautiful Aero Leather repro WWII 1942 A-2 For Sale

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks to all who showed interest. JACKET SOLD

Putting my Aero Leather repro 1942 oiled horse hide A-2 up for sale. Before it goes on The Bay, I'm advertising it here and at Vintage Leather Jackets for a giveaway price of £300 (plus whatever the post is, but you know I'll just charge the 'actual' post).
Suffolk_vacation006.jpg

Size is a true 42". I am a 40" but often wear this over a pair of flight overalls.
It hangs well on the body, has the berry knits, the jerky and grain is popping nicely so there's a great mix of grain and smooth hide and just looks the biz.
This has worn in so well, that often folk think it's a real WWII jacket. It's the first of the oiled Horse Hide that Aero used and often Will and Ken at Aero will comment that it's the finest one they have produced. Just ask them about Paddy's A-2!

Reason for selling. Making room for another vintage styled jacket, same old story, it's an illness folks!

Take a look on my gallery for pics: AERO A2 PHOTOS

In the UK, I can take PayPal or cheque. US, I can take PayPal.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thanks Fred...

I get nothing but compliments with this jacket and a number of vets always approach me at the Flying Legends Show at Duxford about it! I'll probably regret passing it onto another owner, but...how many jackets can one man justifiably wear?/have? and I have another Irvin RAF flying jacket winging its way to me.
Whoever gets this, will be justifiably pleased.
If you want a plastiky, new, mal/Armani looking jacket, then stay well clear of this beauty, it's just not for you!

If you want something that might have come off your grandpappies' back, then this is more like it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran