Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD! FS: Johnny Phi Schoble Fedora, Brown 7 1/2 Long Oval

Ande1964

Practically Family
One of several Johnny Phi fedoras I purchased a few years back. This is a lovely hat, but I have discovered I don't wear it very often. It's clean out time at my house, so this one goes.

The hat was made as a 7 1/2. When I got the hat I dunked it in cold water and stretched it to a long oval shape. It is now a spacious 7 1/2 Long Oval. Measurements below.

Felt is a lovely, rich brown. Photos were taken in natural light, and show the color pretty well. Felt is very light and somewhat stiff. Overwelt brim with double stitching. Lovely matching ribbon, bow and wind trolley.

The lining of this hat is spectacular, as you can see. beautifully stitched, not printed. The liner is a light material. I sprayed it with a little starch to get it to hold its shape in the hat. The lining is currently just tucked into the hat. It is not stitched in. It could be stitched, but I did not tackle that delicate job. Up to you how to handle that.

The only condition issue is very minor. When I long-ovalized the hat very minor ripples appeared in the felt at the front and rear of the brim. Could not capture these with a photo, which gives you some idea how subtle they are. This phenomena sometimes happens to me in the long-ovalizing process. You can feel these slight ridges in the felt, but they are very difficult to see. I mention this issue only to be completely candid. The hat is gorgeous. A real treasure.

One other condition issue. As you can see in the photos, the paper size tag is not in the hat. I will include the tag, but not attached to the hat. Up to you if you want to glue it back in or simply store it, as I did.

Asking $160, shipped via priority mail in the US. I will ship worldwide, but buyers outside the US will have to pay $150 plus costs of International Priority shipping. Paypal Only.

HAT STATS:
Size- 7 1/2 Long Oval
Inner Circumference- 23 5/8
Hat Opening- 8 3/8 x 6 1/2
Crown (as shaped)- 4 1/2
Brim- just a tad over 2 1/2
Ribbon- 1 3/4

Thanks, and please check back. More hats coming!

Anj

schoble01.jpg

schoble02.jpg

schoble03.jpg

schoble04.jpg

schoble05.jpg

schoble06.jpg

schoble07.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members