Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sold my hat making equipment it is no more, 59 lark

59Lark

Practically Family
dear loungers; this is 59 lark long quiet, two weeks ago a young lady came to see me, see she is the costumer maker for the tv show murdcoch mysteries filmed here in ontario Canada, and a wonderful show it is, so I came to the conclusion with over 200 machines in my basement and 40 more came in this week that there needed to more room, so i sold all my hatmaking supplies, moulds, stretchers to this lady, jane, knowing that such a fine tv show will benifit from my sale and they dont need to rot in my cellar. I almost cried , but when she paid me, i did not. she was more than fair. and i made a profit from my folly of thinking that i could do much with hats. no time and no energy or skill. am i giving up fedoras no certainly not. yours 59 LARK

How many blocks, flanges, etc. did you have? What other sort of equipment? Machinery?

You're a sewing machine guy, as I recall. Is that right?

Last edited:
Yup, gotta be there cash in hand when that stuff comes up, which isn't nearly so challenging as simply getting the chance to buy it before someone else does. I have numerous blocks and flanges I may never use, but I'd rather have 'em and not need 'em than the other way around. No such thing as too many, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto