Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(SOLD) Silverbelly Stetson Twenty Five Open Road. Marked 7 1/2 (really 7 5/8 or so.)

Brando11

A-List Customer
Many of you know the story on this hat. Fella in Texas goes to sell Dad's hat, finds a wadded up piece of newspaper from 1963 behind the sweatband. It came to me with a Cattleman's crease, but loves the teardrop pinch front I changed it to. I love this hat- that's me wearing it in my avatar.

It was padded all those years for a reason, though- It's a size or more bigger than marked. Probably was from day 1. In the meantime I've lost some lbs. and now wear a 7 3/8, so this wonderful hat falls down onto my ears and rarely gets worn.

I think I won it for $110 plus frt., and that's all I'm gonna ask. Big noggin guys- it's your turn.

Last edited:

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
This is probably the first time I've gotten up early enough to catch one before you guys jumped all over it. I check the forum off and on all day and the one time I skip it for a few hours somebody posts some "bucket list" hat and I'm out of the game :(

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Thanks Brando. I had just started to get seriously interested in the Open Road and the Twenty Fives and had been watching them on Ebay. There have been and are some beautiful ones over there but they are all in the 7 to 7 1/4 size which makes it a paper weight for me. Luckily my Droid phone beeped this morning to let me know (thanks Tom) that a beautiful "Big Head" hat was in the classifies section with my name on it. Heck, he even sent the link so I didn't have to waste time looking it up-LOL! I'd much rather buy a hat here on the lounge from you guys than risk getting something I didn't want over at Ebay. Chalk one off of my "Bucket List." Now.....................................Stratoliner, Whippet and Playboy (not necessarily in that order) in a loose 7 1/2 or 7 5/8 would complete my list.

T Rick

Practically Family
Congrats Terry. Just opening this post, my first thought was "I hope Terry sees this one". Glad you got it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points