Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

//SOLD//SIZE 8 BROWN SPECTATORS//SOLD//

My trawling of stores selling vintage throws up way too much stuff, and most of it doesn't fit me. I'll be selling some stuff over the next couple of weeks from my vintage collection (started yesterday with the Borsa). I'll give the people here first shot at the stuff; though it means lower prices than eBay i'd rather it went vintage afficianados who're actually going to wear the things and not just sit in a collection.

Here i have a pair of size 8 (US) brown mesh spectators to sell. That is, brown leather with cream coloured mesh. Made by 'Hanover', they are lightly worn (see the wear on the soles - not much) with a small number of scuffs that polishing will take care of. They are dated May 24 1958 (does this mean they were custom-built shoes for somebody?), but are very 1930s in style. Exactly like a pair i have from the 30s! They are missing one inner heel guard. These are eaasily replaced. Mesh spectators are relatively rare, and in sizes larger than 7, quite scarce ... especially in this condition. I can attest that they are wonderful shoes for warm-to-hot weather.

I realise this is the wrong time of year, and you're not likely to wear 'em for 6 months so the price is lower than it will be in spring if you take them off my hands now. Enquire (PM) for pricing.

The colours in the pics below are accurate. Orangey-brown leather. Very rich colour. Very nice indeed. Wish these fit me.

Here're the measurements:

Outer sole length: ~11.375"
Inner sole length: ~10.75
Max Width of sole (ie. at ball of foot): 4"
Heel height: ~0.75"

BrownMesh1.jpg
BrownMesh2.jpg

BrownMesh3.jpg
BrownMesh4.jpg

Minimal wear on the soles, and a close-up of the heel also showing makers name.

BrownMesh5.jpg
BrownMesh6.jpg

The pic to the left shows the date, and to the left of that pic what i think is the size 8 demarcation. They are certainly bigger than a 7 and less than a 9, so it's a good guess that this is in fact the size (see measurements to be posted later).

BrownMesh7.jpg
BrownMesh8.jpg

And a close up of the mesh. Note the lovely brown stitching.

BrownMesh9.jpg

Thanks for looking,
bk

mano

New in Town
Hi,

I don't have PM privileges yet so please email me with the price at:

psychu2 at comcast dot net

Thanks kindly

mano

New in Town
Well, I did spend some time on FAQ and searching this site but haven't been able to find out how to get PM privileges. It appears there are other privileges I'm not permitted either.

I'll keep checking, but if anyone reading this and who knows, would be so kind, a bit of help would be much appreciated.

The information is probably right under my nose, but I'm a guy. Unless it's a tv remote control, I can't find anything. lol

mano

New in Town
Got your email, thanks.

If it's 15, then this should do it.

I have to measure my feet to see if the shoes will fit. I'll get back to you once I get hold of a tape measure or ruler.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

mano said:
Well, I did spend some time on FAQ and searching this site but haven't been able to find out how to get PM privileges. It appears there are other privileges I'm not permitted either.

I'll keep checking, but if anyone reading this and who knows, would be so kind, a bit of help would be much appreciated.

The information is probably right under my nose, but I'm a guy. Unless it's a tv remote control, I can't find anything. lol

http://www.thefedoralounge.com/FAQ.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21