Sold Vanson Comet PLU-3 Size 44

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Roland Nicholson, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Roland Nicholson

Roland Nicholson New in Town

7FEDDF70-E844-4662-AB12-DEBC97AA7080[1].png 189868-5b14ba40265562212b952a2dd2bdc981[1].jpg 7FEDDF70-E844-4662-AB12-DEBC97AA7080[1].png 8E377D7C-DE2A-4D42-8BC9-29E07E0C19D8[1].jpeg 189868-5b14ba40265562212b952a2dd2bdc981[1].jpg 189868-5b14ba40265562212b952a2dd2bdc981[1].jpg Hi all,

Looking to find a new home for my Vanson/Thurston Comet PLU.

Purchased from member Lord Flashheart in Nov. I have lost a couple of KG so a size 42 is better suited. Not worn by me as purchased at the start of our summer.

The jacket is in mint condition outside of creases where you would expect them. Its from a non smoking house so there are no odours of any variety. There is no marks or fading in the leather and its fairly supple courtesy of the tennis ball treatment I, (Lord Flashheart), gave it a while back and this has also really brought out the grain in the hide.

The measurements are as follows-

Back length - 26.5”
    Pit to pit - 24”
    Yolk - 20”
    Arms - 26”

The Vanson Comet PLU-3 Cafe' Racer takes the Vanson cafe' racer and brings it back to its 1960s roots, employing nickel hardware, a longer body, and a tough-as-nails number 10 double-ended zipper. The jacket is made of Vanson's premium Competition Weight cowhide and is built for performance, looks, and longevity. An inside wallet pocket is standard on every Comet PLU-3 Cafe' Racer. The jacket also comes equipped with snaps for Vanson's Stream Liner if one wants added warmth and protection from the elements.

This jacket was custom made by Vanson exclusively for Thurston Bros. The Comet PLU-3 is based on the original Vanson Comet cafe' racer jacket, but it has three extra inches of body length and a double-ended front zipper to accommodate a comfortable riding position.

I would like USD400 OBO delivered into the US, (Thurston price USD640). Let me know if you would like a price to anywhere else in the world?

Will upload some photos, but no change to those from Lord Flashheart in Nov last.

Payment via Paypal.

Welcome your thoughts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Jsparks49 likes this.
  2. Jsparks49

Jsparks49 New in Town

Admittedly I’m a little slow on the uptake but what is the tennis ball treatment? Should I do it to my vanson model b to soften the leather??? Also - cheers in advance

3. Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart A-List Customer

The jacket was Put in the tumble dryer (on cold) with tennis balls to loosen it up and bring out the grain. It also takes a bit of the gloss out the jacket.

Jsparks49 likes this.
  4. Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart A-List Customer

Poor news Roland. Maybe you should get on the pies and put the pounds back on?

Garry

Thuggee likes this.
  5. Roland Nicholson

Thanks Gary, gone the opposite way & avoiding the pies!!

6. GE JD

GE JD New in Town

Hi Roland. Will $375 work for the Vanson Jacket? I live in the Chicago area.

7. GE JD

GE JD New in Town

Hi Roland.

I would really to purchase the jacket, as I know it would fit. Please let me know.

8. Roland Nicholson

Hi Jim, I can do that.

This is my first sale on TFL, not sure how payment works on PP but presume you can use my mobile number. Send me a message & we can work out the details.

Roland

9. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Sent you a PM

10. Roland Nicholson

SOLD, thanks for all the interest.