Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sold: Vintage Stetson 3x "Bighorn" w/ 1960's box 7 5/8

Jesse John

One of the Regulars
EDIT: Sold

Howdy folks, for sale is my vintage Stetson "Bighorn" size 7 5/8.
This is a 3x Stetson most likely from the 60's based on the stitched liner and box. Very soft felt. Please see pictures...
View media item 2913
View media item 2921Original inspection card
View media item 2920Some light moth damage
View media item 2915View media item 2917View media item 2916View media item 2914Clean leather sweatband & lining
View media item 2919View media item 2918
Yes, the box is included and it is in fantastic condition through & through. Hat could use a little cleaning, I've brushed it out. Message if interested!

-Jesse

Last edited:
Howdy folks, for sale is my vintage Stetson "Bighorn" size 7 5/8.
This is a 3x Stetson most likely from the 60's based on the stitched liner and box. Very soft felt. Please see pictures...
View media item 2913
View media item 2921Original inspection card
View media item 2920Some light moth damage
View media item 2915View media item 2917View media item 2916View media item 2914Clean leather sweatband & lining
View media item 2919View media item 2918
Yes, the box is included and it is in fantastic condition through & through. Hat could use a little cleaning, I've brushed it out. Asking for $325 via Paypal. Buyer pays shipping and I will get an estimate from the post office before mailing. Message me if you are interested!

-Jesse

I think you might find your price is not in line with what we are used to paying for similar hats. No offense meant.

Jesse John

One of the Regulars
I think you might find your price is not in line with what we are used to paying for similar hats. No offense meant.
I've just edited down the price to $300 with shipping included. Like I said, accepting offers. PM me if you wouldn't mind shedding some light on pricing. If you are interested by any means, let me know! thank you

I've just edited down the price to $300 with shipping included. Like I said, accepting offers. PM me if you wouldn't mind shedding some light on pricing. If you are interested by any means, let me know! thank you

I’m a 7 5/8, and I keep a pretty close eye on the vintage market. I’m not a hat appraiser and I’m hesitant to give you a price, but these hats from the later 1960s and on just don’t bring the money that hats from the 1950s and earlier do. Good luck

If you are interested by any means, let me know! thank you
Jesse, welcome to the experts of the FL.

In order for anyone interested as a collector to give due consideration to purchasing your hat you need to provide better pics of all the bug damage. That will go a long ways in a potential buyer establishing what it is worth to him/her, & paying you fairly.

You say it may need some cleaning; to a collector it may need a lot of cleaning. I have been playing with contrast & am having trouble determining just what is dirt & what is shadow in the pics. The sweat & liner are very clean but the brim, I'm not so sure. Perhaps it's all from dirty hands & gloves? At $15 per gal x 3 for good Coleman fuel, plus filters & bucket with lid, a gas bath is not all that cheap. Plus the aggravation.

Having said all that I'm a 7-5/8 & with better pics for clarification I might be open to making a good offer. I like that style of hat.

Last edited:

Jesse John

One of the Regulars
Jesse, welcome to the experts of the FL.

In order for anyone interested as a collector to give due consideration to purchasing your hat you need to provide better pics of all the bug damage. That will go a long ways in a potential buyer establishing what it is worth to him/her, & paying you fairly.

You say it may need some cleaning; to a collector it may need a lot of cleaning. I have been playing with contrast & am having trouble determining just what is dirt & what is shadow in the pics. The sweat & liner are very clean but the brim, I'm not so sure. Perhaps it's all from dirty hands & gloves? At $15 per gal x 3 for good Coleman fuel, plus filters & bucket with lid, a gas bath is not all that cheap. Plus the aggravation.

Having said all that I'm a 7-5/8 & with better pics for clarification I might be open to making a good offer. I like that style of hat.

Ah,all the things I didn't think about. Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I will message you. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider