Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some bad news (now getting better!)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Fellow Bartenders, if you feel this thread is better placed elsewhere please feel free to move it. A thread like this is never comfortable anywhere & doesn't seem to fit but, since I am best known in the Hats I thought it would reach the most here.

Gentlemen, I find myself getting behind in my scheduling and in fact am having a bit of trouble focussing on ongoing conversations so I need to put out some personal information that I would not normally share. After some conversations today my work seems to not be on par ( to MY standards) the last few weeks so I need to share that I have been dealing with some ongoing medical issues.

On Thursday of last week I entered myself into the ER with chest pains that had been progressing over some time and seemed to reach a scary point. I was poked & prodded until the Dr.s decided I was not having a heart attack, nor other major organ issues but as of right now, it is undetermined as to cause. Since , as I said, it has been ongoing, it has served as a distraction mentally for me. I have now been asked by the team ( Drs) to slow down at least until we can find the cause so, I have to limit my "hat shop" time for the near future. Once it's determined, I'll go after fixing it in my normal relentless self, but in the mean time I need to ask for patience.

I intend to do my best to keep the promised schedules for delivery of your hats and I do not consider this major, but I've written a few screwy emails lately and have been missing details so I need to at least let you guy's know I'm not going nuts, just a bit off balance for now.

OK, truthfully, maybe I AM going nuts, but "mums the word" :eusa_doh:

Art

Warbaby

One Too Many
Sorry to hear of your medical uncertainties. Best thing you can do is relax and put business on the back burner. While it may seem like heresy in this corner of the bar, your health is more important than hats. Really it is.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Art -

So sorry to hear about this - but your health and well-being is the most important thing. Getting off schedule due to concerns about yourself is understandable - been there myself and have the t-shirt.

Shall keep good thoughts flowing your way and keep you in the daily thoughts and prayer. I hope this is is just a short-term "bump" in the road of life.

Mike

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Take some time off and relax, Art. You deserve it.

And slow down on the smokes. ;)

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
Art,
The he@#$% with the hats you are more important. I am sure that everybody is more than willing to wait for their hat. No matter how long it may take. I personally will wait for my treasured Work of Art when you are good and ready to either start or finish the job. No matter how long that may take. I will repeat some good words of wisdom that was told to me by someone who knows more than I about fedoras. "Remember it is only a hat."

Being a surviver of an organ transplant life is very precious and your health is paramount over anything else. Art, please slow down and take of yourself. I will be praying for you.

Alucard73

One of the Regulars
Art, I am so sorry to hear that. I can also wait for my hats. Relax. Take some time. Get healthy. These are all priorities. Don't let stress or pressure be a factor in your recovery. There are always pressures out there. Just dont let them pressure you.

Coty

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Get WELL Art

What has amazed me for years here @ the FL
is the volumne & high quality of work you produce!

Now that you have medical issues we all hope they
will be resolved. So take it easy Art & regain your
health

Solid Citizen :)

HungaryTom

One Too Many
Art,

Vass, the Hungarian shoe manufacture stops production each August, the masters working for him simply need a rest – like everybody does.
You should do the same.
I rank your hats (beaver or montecristi) in the same league as his world famous shoes.
I did also wonder how could you manage all the hatting besides replying to all posts put up at FL – I feel guilty because one of mine…

Take the necessary time for recovery.

I wish you all the best.

Kind Regards>

Tom

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
Art,

I truly enjoyed meeting you on the QM, and hope to see you there for years to come.

As to the hats: You know it is good for the boys to wait. I'm sure it will build moral fiber or such.

As much as your hats are valued, you yourself are valued far more. Get some rest, and keep us posted.

Jeff Naylor

New in Town
What everyone else said, Art. Take your time, get well, get to me when you get to me. Your health is, of course, the maximum priority.

tortswon

Practically Family
Is there an issue here?

Art, as a guy who is waiting for my first hat, I can tell you that when it arrives does not matter at all to me. What matters is that the human being behind the hat is healthy and well. Hats (even great ones) are replaceable. Even great hat makers are replaceable. What is irreplaceable is a husband, a father, a brother, a son. Time to focus on that part of Art. Get well, Sam

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Time for the ARTist to rest a wee while and get the second wind...all the best mate...your health is the most important thing in the world...especially to you mates hereabouts...

Stoney

Practically Family
Art,

Just get some rest and try not to worry. No one here is going to have any issues with you taking some time off.

Modern society's hectic pace, combined with the overwhelming bureaucratizes that we all have to deal with are enough to drive any of us to the breaking point. Remember that when your work seriously interferes with your health and well being, it's time to slow down and re access your priorities. Get well soon and best wishes.

CharlesD

New in Town
A Beginner

I am brand new to the fedora scene, but I happened to email Art yesterday with a question. He got back with me right away and was very helpful.

Art, I do not know you, but I wish you well. Please take care of yourself and surround yourself with family and friends. The other stuff will wait.

I too am a busy attorney and I have had to learn this lesson many times over. Take care.

A slow learner.

Viper Man

Banned
Take care of yourself, Art. You know, for being "retired" you work harder than most people who aren't! If you need some tunes to help pass the down time, let me know.

Do you need an apprentice? :D

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
Art;
It's so nice that you posted this explanation. I think most everyone, knowing these facts, would agree that taking it easy for a bit and not worrying about schedules is important for you to do.
They're only hats. I certainly have plenty to wear. Get better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ