Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some Classy Vintage Cigarette Cases

Warbaby

One Too Many
No, I'm not quitting smoking, but I have more than a dozen cigarette cases and only use three or four regularly. Since I'm a user of vintage things, not a collector, it's time to let some of them go (Not to mention the fact that I'm short on funds and I need a new battery for my laptop).

I'm listing the cigarette cases with suggested prices, but I'm open to offers, trades or partial trades (though I'd prefer to get some cash for that battery).

Prices include postage within Canada and to the U.S. Might cost a couple bucks more if you're on the other side of the big pond.

-------

Engine-Engraved 835 Silver Case

.835 silver was often used for cigarette cases because the alloy was a bit harder than sterling (.925) and more resistant to dents and scratches.

The case is 82 mm X 122 mm and will hold cigarettes up to 75 mm long. It weighs 130 gm. It's in excellent condition and shows hardly any signs of wear. $75 (only a bit more than the scrap value of the silver).

cigcase_silver4.jpg

cigcase_silver2.jpg

Volupte "Casablanca" case

This case by Volupte is gold-plated brass with an embossed and painted enamel scene in a Moroccan theme on both sides. The scene is embossed with the signature, "Gaige" (isn't there a FL member with that name?). It is 80 mm X 135 mm and will hold cigarettes up to 70 mm. It's in very good condition. $50

cigcase_gyppo1.jpg

cigcase_gyppo3.jpg

Elgin American case with enamel hunting scene (I think those dogs are English Pointers.}

This case is in near-mint condition and comes with it's original elasticized cloth pouch. It is 75 mm X 130 mm and will hold cigarettes up to 70 mm. $65

cigcase_hunter1.jpg

cigcase_hunter3.jpg

cigcase_hunter2.jpg

Genuine Tortoiseshell Case with Inlaid Gold Cartouche

This dark figured tortoiseshell case is inlaid with a gold cartouche engraved with a $ sign. It's in very good condition with only a couple of small spots of insect nibbling on the back. It's 75 mm X 85 mm and will hold cigarettes up to 80 mm long. $125

cigcase_tortgold1.jpg

cigcase_tortgold3.jpg

cigcase_tortgold2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo