Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some New(ish) Jackets to my Flight Jacket Collection

CBI

One Too Many
I don't post very often. Here are some new(ish) purchases for me (I posted these on VLJ earlier today):

Original B-15 A (WW2 era)

IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

Original M-422 (WW2 era)

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6932.jpg

IMG_6934.jpg

Original Bronco Contract A-2 (as nice as this one looks - its too small for me so its now on eBay. Although the fit looks pretty good its uncomfortable - darn it! I have other original A-2's in my collection that are nice wearers but it would have been nice to hold on to this one:

IMG_6941.jpg

IMG_6939.jpg

Lastly, a great buy I could not pass up. I am not a huge Eastman fan but I am very happy with this well-worn ELC "house" A-2

IMG_6944.jpg

IMG_6945.jpg

CBI

One Too Many
yes, the B-15A is a very late WW2 design/manufacture/issue. The M422 and 422a were the standard issue flight jackets for US Navy/Marine Corps and Coast Guard during WW2

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
All great jackets. Love the M-22. I checked out the Bronco on ebay, in the close up pics the leather looks like it has worn very similar to my Goodwear Dubow with the spray finish. Obviously my Dubow doesn't have all the patina, but the way the reddish under coat shows through is similar. Do you think it has the spray finish?

fedoralover

Norsksea

New in Town
I like that M-422 the best. The jacket looks longer and lower over the pants belt.
The B-15 A has a nice fit too.
Nice pictures
Frank

CBI

One Too Many
Its hard to say, but the Bronco probably is a sprayed (vs. analine) dyed jacket

The A-2 was a higher waisted design than the 422. Also, the Bronco is too small on me anyway.

thanks!

NowOrNever

Familiar Face
More fine examples...

CBI... You have some fine jackets in your collection. I have viewed a few of the others you have posted previously you have the knack of finding jackets that suit you.

I really admire that B15-A! I particularl like the collar as a contrast. It looks immaculate having been preserved so well. It is interesting to see a non leather flight jacket, as much as I admire them all.

The Eastman does have the "look" of an original somehow. I'm not quite sure what the exact attributes are that make up a "special" jacket, but it seems to have those. I hope my Eastman "house" A-2 eventually wear as
well.

Please keep posting when you feel inclined, as I really enjoy your collection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR