Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some of my collection.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, here are some photos of me in some of my vintage. All 100% vintage stuff gents.

First is a photo of me with my summer duds on. Two of the same shot. One in color, then the other in Vintage Vision.LOL

Enjoy the show.

Root.

PS. The coat is a 1947 Linen coat with lower patch pockets. The pants are late 40's cream gabardine, the shoes are the 1946 Nun-Bush's, hat is a 30's Penny's from Art, the tie is a 40's "Palm Beach".

Wild Root

Gone Home
A photo of me in my 1930's knickers. The hat is a real early 30's cap and has great graphics on the liner. The tie is a 30's rayon brocaded, the socks are the 1927 Alaxander & Oviatt's and the vest is of rayon from the 40's. This was taken at the Argyle Hotel in April.

Yes, some of the get up is from diferent years, but all together it works well!

Wild Root

Gone Home
Here is what I wear when I'm just having a good day.

Vintage brown 40's pants, and shoes. Shirt, newer something or other. Works. Vintage white shirts are so hard to find in a large size.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Root, you are making me late for my dental appointment..!

I had to go out like 5 minutes ago, then I was stupid enough to click onto this thread and I am absolutely BOWLED OVER by Root's fantastic feel for vintage fashion!!

I'd swear I have just stepped out of my DeLorean time travel car when I look at you Root in your garb! Just so inspiring to us beginners, I'm gob-smacked (as we say in the UK, ie: speechless!).

We sometimes talk of things that take your breath away, and will say it has the WOW FACTOR! that's you my boy!!

Don't know if you saw my posting for a gent's competition to rival the VIXEN vintage women one? but when I see guys like yourself, making such a whole hearted effort, I just think this has to be shared, as it's inspirational to the rest of us, really it is!

Thanks again, NOW I REALLY MUST dash off to my dentist!!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Very nice pics Root.

Just keep wearing 'em, I'm sure the knickerbockers will come back into style someday.
Heck, many teenagers are halfway there. high socks and knee length shorts... just need to tie off the ends of the shorts to meet the socks.

Originally posted by Matt Deckard
Just keep wearing 'em, I'm sure the knickerbockers will come back into style someday.
Heck, many teenagers are halfway there. high socks and knee length shorts... just need to tie off the ends of the shorts to meet the socks.

I had not thought of that. LOL Now that you mention it, they ought to start making them again. Those fools will probably start buying them thinking they are the "new" in thing. If you can get just one of their Rapper heros to wear it then you will have a going business--for the fashion cycle anyway. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Wild Root

Gone Home
Paddy, you are to kind! Sorry I made you late for your appointment, but I'm glad you stuck around to step out of WWII and peek your head in here. I'll be taking some more photos and I'll post them soon. I have a pure love of the period and I just don't do any thing half... well you know.:D

Thanks again for the kind and flattering words!

Root.

I love wearing my knickers and I have done it a few times around my town. I get people looking at me even more then when I wear a fedora! People ask me why I would wear that! I say, why not!

havershaw

Practically Family
Root, you wear it very very well.

Man those photos are great.

I will try to post one of my grandfather with his first car. It's sort of like that last one of yours.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Thank you Havershaw! All of you are very kind! Havershaw, that photo is RAD! I love it!!!

I have a cool photo as well! It's not of any one I know, but it's still cool.

Root.

Goes to show that even young men wore fedoras with their school sweaters!

havershaw

Practically Family
Whoa...that's a great hat.

I just got a pair of pants that look just like that. Cadet blue/grey, with pinstripes, super high waist.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great vintage shot

Notice the dirt road...the side of the car is coated with it, and his shoes are dirty on the toes.

Great shot...."C" is for what school?...who knows..

Just let that "C" mean "CLASS"

Looks like a 1940's photo. Most roads in the USA were dirt.

Wild Root

Gone Home
That hat is one of a kind. I have not found any others like it.
I will take some more photos of it.

Short pants are what kids wore before they were old enough to wear knickers. The term Shot pants were the 20's and 30's term for shorts. :D What I'm wearing are alson known as Plus fours. They have a button fly and are made of cotton.

I have two other pairs of knickers. One wool pair, and a white linen pair.

More photos to come,

Root.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points