Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Some Western Hats on eBay (Sizes 7, 7-1/8, 7-1/4)

Search for seller "Deluxe64". These end Wednesday night. Thanks for looking!

1663241618871.png

1663241655786.png

One Drop

One of the Regulars
Hi Bob, are you only selling via eBay or would you do a private sale as well ? I'm interested in the Stetson Number 1 Quality, an earlier one would be a grail find but if the felt was still decent in this era I'd be very interested.

Thanks in advance !

One Drop

One of the Regulars
At this point I will probably just let the auction run. Thanks for the interest!
Thanks, I'll keep my eye on the auction.

Does it fit true to size, and how would you say the felt compares to other vintage Stetsons you've handled ? I'm spoiled by ,y 50s 7X Clear Beaver Open Road and don't expect anything near that quality , but am looking for something I can safely wear out in the the rain and snow on occasion.

Does it fit true to size, and how would you say the felt compares to other vintage Stetsons you've handled ? I'm spoiled by ,y 50s 7X Clear Beaver Open Road and don't expect anything near that quality , but am looking for something I can safely wear out in the the rain and snow on occasion.

I’ll give you some comparison info when I get back tonight.

I can't speak to the fit as I wear a 7-1/2 LO, but I get just a little under 22" on the circumference (measured with a slippery cloth tape) so I would say that is right there on a size 7.

The felt isn't too bad. Compared to your older 7XCB (and even a Borsalino Thirty I have on hand) it is not in that league, but it is not too far from the late-1960s/70s 7XCB I have (and one I had in the past). The felt on this is thicker than those 7Xs too. The brim is stiff, but not beyond changing and the brim opens up to full crown dry without issue ... and falls back to the crease it's used to.

It feels better in hand than a 100% beaver Beaver Brand hat I have in my eBay back-stock.

With the moth nips I would not worry about wearing this out in any situation. It is thick enough to hold up to abuse and should hold it's shape if soaked (or give you an opportunity to recrease it as desired while wet).

Thanks again for the interest. I turned down a $100 offer for it today so the auction is still wide open.

Best of luck,

Bob

One Drop

One of the Regulars
I can't speak to the fit as I wear a 7-1/2 LO, but I get just a little under 22" on the circumference (measured with a slippery cloth tape) so I would say that is right there on a size 7.

The felt isn't too bad. Compared to your older 7XCB (and even a Borsalino Thirty I have on hand) it is not in that league, but it is not too far from the late-1960s/70s 7XCB I have (and one I had in the past). The felt on this is thicker than those 7Xs too. The brim is stiff, but not beyond changing and the brim opens up to full crown dry without issue ... and falls back to the crease it's used to.

It feels better in hand than a 100% beaver Beaver Brand hat I have in my eBay back-stock.

With the moth nips I would not worry about wearing this out in any situation. It is thick enough to hold up to abuse and should hold it's shape if soaked (or give you an opportunity to recrease it as desired while wet).

Thanks again for the interest. I turned down a $100 offer for it today so the auction is still wide open.

Best of luck,

Bob

Thanks Bob, very useful info and exactly what I wanted to hear!

I'll keep my eye on the auction.

One Drop

One of the Regulars
Dang, auction ended at 5 AM my time, didn't set up a snipe bid, and missed out on what could have been a great deal !

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points