Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Songs That Seem To Touch Your Soul.....

"You Don't Move Me" from Keith Richards and the X-Pensive Winos' "Talk Is Cheap" album/CD. This song was an anti-love letter from Keef to Mick during yet another period when they weren't getting along. The lyrics are good, but something about the chord progression really speaks to me.

Here's two versions of another on my list. It's hard to study about what happened at Montezuma because there were 2-3 Kings who ruled under that name. It gets confusing. But I do know what the Spaniards did to the Puebloian & Navajo people's under the disguise of spreading their religion.

Cortez the Killer -- Neil Young

Cortez the Killer -- Potter & Satriani

Last edited:

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
One night when I was 19, back in 1988, I dropped my girlfriend home across town after a night out dancing with some friends and I pulled up in my drive way at about 1am. In my car stereo I had a best-of Roy Orbison tape playing. There, in the dark silence alone, Roy's original 1963 recording of "In Dreams" came on, and I sat there with it turned up, the beauty and the sadness of the chords and melody washing over me, the brilliance of his singular voice filling me with emotion. Pure genius.

Two other songs, both by Patsy Cline, also give me that feeling: "Crazy" and "Faded Love." Not just excetional songwriting, but exceptional performances to match, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider