Songs That Seem To Touch Your Soul.....

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by HoosierDaddy, Oct 23, 2020.

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  3. DaveProc

DaveProc One Too Many

Fleetwood Mac I've Got a Mind to Give Up Living

Hurricane Jack and HoosierDaddy like this.
  4. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

She didn’t miss a beat, did she!

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  5. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

"You Don't Move Me" from Keith Richards and the X-Pensive Winos' "Talk Is Cheap" album/CD. This song was an anti-love letter from Keef to Mick during yet another period when they weren't getting along. The lyrics are good, but something about the chord progression really speaks to me.

DaveProc likes this.
  6. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

This one always reminds me of my Dad. He was always a sheltering rock in a storm for me.

Zombie_61 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  7. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

A good old WV boy we lost earlier this year. Ain’t no sunshine since he’s gone.
    B

Zombie_61 likes this.
  8. I could probably list ten songs, real quick like. And if I did, this one would be near the top. Grab a clean glass, a new bottle, & turn the lights down:

Tiki Tom and Zombie_61 like this.
  9. I saw Willie sing that in person several years ago here in Indiana. Quite powerful.

Tiki Tom likes this.
  11. Tiki Tom

Tiki Tom One Too Many

Never fails to send chills up my spine and bring a tear to my eyes:

Edward likes this.
  12. Don't know if you play an instrument or not but it's a good song to feed into GarageBand or such program, then pick the part you want to play & play along.

13. Here's two versions of another on my list. It's hard to study about what happened at Montezuma because there were 2-3 Kings who ruled under that name. It gets confusing. But I do know what the Spaniards did to the Puebloian & Navajo people's under the disguise of spreading their religion.

Cortez the Killer -- Neil Young

Cortez the Killer -- Potter & Satriani

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  14. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

One night when I was 19, back in 1988, I dropped my girlfriend home across town after a night out dancing with some friends and I pulled up in my drive way at about 1am. In my car stereo I had a best-of Roy Orbison tape playing. There, in the dark silence alone, Roy's original 1963 recording of "In Dreams" came on, and I sat there with it turned up, the beauty and the sadness of the chords and melody washing over me, the brilliance of his singular voice filling me with emotion. Pure genius.

Two other songs, both by Patsy Cline, also give me that feeling: "Crazy" and "Faded Love." Not just excetional songwriting, but exceptional performances to match, too.

HoosierDaddy, Tiki Tom and Zombie_61 like this.
    Hurricane Jack and Benny Holiday like this.
    Benny Holiday likes this.
    Benny Holiday likes this.
  18. Benny Holiday

Benny Holiday My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thanks HD. Now you've put those videos up, it's dawned on me that everyone else has the songs they've mentioned linked in this thread. Wakey wakey Benny Holiday . . .

Zombie_61 and Hurricane Jack like this.
  19. I always think of my wife with this one — when we met and yet today. Dylan penned it, but his rendition is not my favorite.

I heard this version the other day and liked it:

Benny Holiday and Hurricane Jack like this.