Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source for Benrus WW2 Commemorative Hack Watch ?

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
I'm probably too late in trying to find one of these watches as they went out of production some years ago, but does anyone know where they're still available ?
The used ones eBay seem to be pricey - are they really hard to find ?

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
Hmm, maybe. Does that sound expensive to you ?
I just don't know because they were never available over here.
They look very similar to the 1960's Army watches, so one of the very good replicas of them may be an alternative.

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
How about I look for a J Crew Timex Military ?
It looks reasonably authentic WW2-ish and although they weren't sold in the United Kingdom, I wonder if I might pick up a NOS or good used one in the US?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
How about I look for a J Crew Timex Military ?
It looks reasonably authentic WW2-ish and although they weren't sold in the United Kingdom, I wonder if I might pick up a NOS or good used one in the US?

Well that would be going from a mechanical piece that would last a lifetime to a cheap, somewhat lackluster quartz. Are you after the style for cosplay or real life wearing?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Hmm, maybe. Does that sound expensive to you ?
I just don't know because they were never available over here.
They look very similar to the 1960's Army watches, so one of the very good replicas of them may be an alternative.
Sometimes you can pay over the odds and sometimes you can be lucky. I'm anything but a connoisseur of fine time pieces, but I would say, if you want it and you can afford it, don't dither. If Benrus watches are as rare as you say, then you may not get another chance.
Thanks for the compliment about the MG, for what it's worth I probably paid more than it's market value, but it's was the car that I had been looking for, so I took the chance and went for it. And as I said that you can also be lucky, I paid $150 for a record last time I was in America, I knew it was rare and I had read that the master that records are pressed from had been damaged, so reproductions of the original couldn't be sold. Back home, a DJ and fellow record collector, that I know offered me £250. I was flattered and pleased, but I didn't buy it to make money on it, that's why it's still in my record collection.
You can find me at The Goodwood Revival next to the Glam Cab girls, The MG is in The Transport Corps.

Dudleydoright

A-List Customer
I just bought one from an online militaria dealer in the UK for £80 shipped. Said used but in box and mint as. That was around the original retail here so bearing in mind they've been out of production a while, i'm happy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk