Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source of James Spader's hats {The Blacklist}

suitedcboy

One Too Many
James Spaders is the star of NBC's The Blacklist. His character wears nice fedoras. I get a Graham Thompson vibe from most.

Has there been any word of who his hat wardrobe is sourced from?

I did a little searching and it seems he is a hat guy and he was the one who insisted his character on this show would wear hats.

Latoso

Familiar Face
Ever since I saw the first promo for this show I've been wondering the same thing. I have also been admiring his hat.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
James-Spader-The-Blacklist.jpg

James-Spader.jpg

This one has a crazy ribbon and the edge binding is sewn funny on the lefthand side.

blacklist4tvf-1-web.jpg

Attachments

• James-Spader.jpg
    James-Spader.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 5,055

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
When Spader speaks of his preferance for wide brims he may be refering to what he wears IRL rather than on the tv show.

I would have gone with a darker grey brim. :)

For sure... he may have broken the only restriction placed on (my) hats by my wife; "just don't look like a cartoon!" TOO BLUE! All the others have been fantastic, and have really done a lot for our lot, especially the scene at the hat store where he concludes his hat shopping by saying, "Roderick... BOTH!"

AndyPFS

New in Town
Ever since I saw the first promo for this show I've been wondering the same thing. I have also been admiring his hat.

Hello everyone. It was this discussion that brought me to the Lounge, as I was curious what may have been said about Spader's hats from the show and a Google search landed this thread.

As RBH mentioned, JJ Hat Center (NYC on 5th Avenue just South of 32nd Street) is featured in one of the early episodes showing Spader's character buying a hat there. The hat he wears most frequently and appears to be the hat used in the graphic image used for the show (the one with Spader in a hat, trench coat, and seated in handcuffs), is a classic black fur felt Brosalino with a 2⅜" borderless brim, which JJ Hat Center happened to have in my size and was quickly added to my growing collection of Borsalino hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko