Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Source of James Spader's hats {The Blacklist}

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
Hi i was wondering if anyone has seen one of @bendingoak hats in the blacklist I’ve watched every episode and could not find one unless he put a gold label of the band

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
Now lets talk about the straw hats. As you said its for summer. I am still working my way thru season one. I noticed in Cuba he was wearing a black straw that was almost identical to his felt one. I thought this would be a great offering for a copy.
https://www.sunbody.com/index.cfm/product/531_6/black-mexican-fedora.cfm
Having not seen the later seasons I thank you for posting the screen caps of his other straw/panama hats. This is also a great option for the second set of photos shown.
https://www.sunbody.com/index.cfm/product/535_6/guatemalan-pinto-fedora.cfm
overall I have heard nothing but good things about Sunbody hats so anything form this selection should be a fantastic summer hat
https://www.sunbody.com/index.cfm/category/6/fedoras-dress-amp-sporty.cfm

outside of that, if you want a real panama hat the only company (still in buisness) I have ordered from is https://www.panamahatsdirect.com/ the closest style I see is a "Design you own hat" with a Havana crown. keep in mind Real panama hats are hand crafted and are not an exact science. Its a bit of a roll of the dice what the hats dimensions really are. But trust me they are beautiful creations.
hope that helps in your search as well
Johnny

What season are you on now ?

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
I’ve never seen Blacklist but I doubt that many watch the costuming of any show that closely.

Guess it’s just me with a eye for these things
I love his shorter brim borso I am currently getting one this will be my first expensive fedora costing me £300 including shipping I have some cheap £50 ones but it’s just too stiff and I find the brim to be massive for the style of it

Guess it’s just me with a eye for these things
I love his shorter brim borso I am currently getting one this will be my first expensive fedora costing me £300 including shipping I have some cheap £50 ones but it’s just too stiff and I find the brim to be massive for the style of it

To each their own. I prefer brims over 2 1/2 inches and mostly chose those at 2 5/8 or more. I’m in the minority here who occasionally wears a stingy brim, but I’m more likely to wear brims over three inches than those under 2 1/2. In any case, I meant no offense when I said that it’s a rare person who pays such close attention to costuming. Sorry if that was a bit blunt.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
To each their own. I prefer brims over 2 1/2 inches and mostly chose those at 2 5/8 or more. I’m in the minority here who occasionally wears a stingy brim, but I’m more likely to wear brims over three inches than those under 2 1/2. In any case, I meant no offense when I said that it’s a rare person who pays such close attention to costuming. Sorry if that was a bit blunt.

No worry’s I know I’m in the minority was just wondering seeming this is the best place for people who are keeping an eye out on the hat Spader is wearing as reddington

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars

It’s not too small it’s a 5.5cm brim so not tiny but not massive what I would call medium

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
It’s not too small it’s a 5.5cm brim so not tiny but not massive what I would call medium

On the one hand, it's not like the fedora overlords have issued a strict taxonomy of hats. On the other hand, I don't think many others here would put a brim that's shorter than 2 1/4" as "medium." That's a stingy brim my friend.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
On the one hand, it's not like the fedora overlords have issued a strict taxonomy of hats. On the other hand, I don't think many others here would put a brim that's shorter than 2 1/4" as "medium." That's a stingy brim my friend.

That’s why I said what I would call it for me a stingy brim is less than 4cm

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars

And on the site it’s 2 1/4 brim

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
And on the site it’s 2 1/4 brim

740856069666ea375fa191f776435602.png

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
That’s why I said what I would call it for me a stingy brim is less than 4cm

5.5 cm =/= 2 1/4" , do the conversion yourself. Regardless, that's missing the forest for the trees.

I don't know where or how you came up with your arbitrary definitions of "stingy" and "medium," but just be aware that they don't really align with what's generally understood by hat folks.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
5.5 cm =/= 2 1/4" , do the conversion yourself. Regardless, that's missing the forest for the trees.

I don't know where or how you came up with your arbitrary definitions of "stingy" and "medium," but just be aware that they don't really align with what's generally understood by hat folks.

So I was 0.3 cm off and aren’t all definitions arbitrary in hats some company’s use <5cm as stingy or short brim and some say <4cm is stingy so it’s all subjective there is not a written in stone as you said in a previous comment

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
So I was 0.3 cm off and aren’t all definitions arbitrary in hats some company’s use <5cm as stingy or short brim and some say <4cm is stingy so it’s all subjective there is not a written in stone as you said in a previous comment

You are the living embodiment of the phrase "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
You are the living embodiment of the phrase "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

And so what I’m new to all this I don’t call myself all knowing I’m just passing on info that has been passed on to me this is probably the reason why people don’t wear hats due to people like you sitting on you high horse putting them down

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
And so what I’m new to all this I don’t call myself all knowing I’m just passing on info that has been passed on to me this is probably the reason why people don’t wear hats due to people like you sitting on you high horse putting them down

Yes, the number one reason people don't wear hats anymore is because I try to point out to you how we use the term "stingy brim" on the lounge.

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
Yes, the number one reason people don't wear hats anymore is because I try to point out to you how we use the term "stingy brim" on the lounge.

No it’s the ridiculing of people who are trying to learn if you can’t see what you are doing then I can’t help you I guess ignorance is bliss

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
No it’s the ridiculing of people who are trying to learn if you can’t see what you are doing then I can’t help you I guess ignorance is bliss

this thread has been a consistent exercise in people giving you information which you then immediately disregard.

DH: that's a stingy brim
You: I'd say medium
Me: That's a stingy brim
You: it's all subjective!

mattmactimpson

One of the Regulars
this thread has been a consistent exercise in people giving you information which you then immediately disregard.

DH: that's a stingy brim
You: I'd say medium
Me: That's a stingy brim
You: it's all subjective!

If I was disregarding I would not reply

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko