Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sources for MC Jacket Belts and Fur Collars

Captain Sensible

A-List Customer
Does anyone have suggestions on where to source belts made or suitable for MC jackets? What about snap-on fur collars?

I have a RM Buco J-24 sans belt and fur and considering getting the extra bits, perhaps collar in priority. I have seen belts from RM sold individually on the JP site, not the fur however although perhaps it is available through enquiry - I have pinged them a message. Presumably, to have a collar made elsewhere the maker will need the jacket itself to ensure proper fit? Hmm, the Aero rust mouton might be a good choice - and I can wear the jacket down there, save myself the postage.

Edward

Bartender
You can always ask, but I doubt Aero will make a snap on/off collar. On their own jackets, mouton is always an option as a fixed collar, but they stopped doing the snap on/off version in 2012ish when Ken came back to the company as he wasn't happy with the design.

Insurrection in Seattle do make them for any jacket (including Aeros, I believe), but they're a bit far away....

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
I think Lost Worlds sell belts separately and maybe would make a collar if approached.I have found belts suitable for LAPD jackets on Etsy and by searching for duty belts on Ebay(Worldwide).

Johnson Leathers can and will do this for you. You'll need to ship them the jacket tho and it could take a few weeks.

Captain Sensible

A-List Customer
So I spoke with RMC London on the matter. Seemingly, it is not possible to buy a fur collar from them for the J-24, and only the J-24L comes with a fur collar - and this would not fit a J-24, strange. I asked if they reckoned I could perhaps get one from RMC JP, no dice.

Belts on the other hand are available, although not in stock; 2-3 weeks lead time and . . . not cheap

robrinay

One Too Many
Any tailor will make you a removable fur collar for a price and you can buy suitable mouton or fur on eBay or in antique shops, just look around. I made my own for a Schott matching and fitting poppers that fitted the male ones on the jacket. It’s not as neat a job as a tailor or seamstress could make but only my wife gets close enough to check.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Vanson makes a nice belt for MC jackets.
As far as the collar is concerned, I second robinrays suggestion to ask your local tailor about making one for you. I had a collar made. Y my tailor for a vintage Cal Leather jacket using mouton from a jacket I scored on eBay for $40.00.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto