Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spats are back - and I'm horrified!

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
To hell with the spats! Those are the least of your concerns! The whole darn outfits and the horrific way they wear their watches and chains is more nauseating to me!

...Although...

...after seeing that photo-shoot, I can now wear my watch and chain even more proudly and claim that they're coming back into fashion...

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
Matt, look again.

You can see the understrap and the side buttons in a couple of the shots.

All the articles are about the show online are describing them that way, too, not two-tone shoes.

...And what is with the lapel material hanging down over the crotch on some of those jackets and coats? It's a scarf effect without a scarf.

Yes, Matt, the complete lack of neckwear is just... a vest without a shirt in some cases, I just...

Gad.

Tailor Tom

One of the Regulars
Extremes...

Fashion shows are typically avant-garde, always pushing extremes. Having been involved in several, Designers are always delving into the past and then exploiting it to create a "buzz" for their clothing line.

If spats make it to the midwest it will be a trend, otherwise it is just a passing fad.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Its all very "Oliver twist" meets "Alice cooper" what will next years Fashion Story be ? "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?"

13.jpg

acooper1.jpg

cptjeff

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
"Its all very "Oliver twist" meets "Alice cooper" what will next years Fashion Story be ? "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?"
I would be happy enough if movies returned to that form, modern entertainment could use more musical numbers.

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
BinkieBaumont said:
"Its all very "Oliver twist" meets "Alice cooper"

As a lady who appreciates a well dressed fellow, or a unique dresser. I have always loved Sir Artful's costume. Thinking it was quaint and adorable. When men wear things mismatching in a natural way I luv it. However, THAT horrendous spectacle....well....I can see myself very quickly growing to hate aspects of fashion I currently love if it catches on.:rage:

FRANKIE

New in Town
HatRak said:
"Oliver Twist meets Alice Cooper," love it!

LOL

Hatrak

Honestly, I kind of do love it. But I have a thing for beat up top hats and I quite like the mixing of modern and vintage that's going on right now. I guess I'm just not much of a purist.

pipvh

Practically Family
Given the spirit of the times, I predict the Bill Sykes look is due for a revival:

oliver-twist-1968-oliver-reed.jpg

If so, spats will be the least of our worries...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points