Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spearhead Jackets

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Does Spearhead make a decent quality tanker jacket? I'd like to buy one that's affordable, and relatively authentic. I like the color tone too, the khaki color with the olive knit cuffs and collar. Anyone have one of these?

http://www.spearheadmilitaria.com/ww2-us-army-winter-combat-tanker-jacket-s-40r-p-7121.html

aj116001.jpg

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Can't speaker for the tanker (it has been discussed on VLJF), but the woollen 'A-1' is well made and stylish.

Edward

Bartender
I've never handled one of the standard options, but about eighteen months ago they did a run of tankers with the jump wings / King Kong patches and the burgundy, quilted satin body lining, a la Travis Bickle. Still never worn it out anywhere as I've yet to get around to sorting out the 'Bickle T' stencilling on the back, but it seems pretty well made.

SHOWSOMECLASS

A-List Customer
I have been considering a B-10 jacket or a M-41 Parsons coat from Spearhead. I bought a cap from them and was considering a jacket then. Their email response said, they would not combine shipping.

Edward

Bartender
Aero, I see, also have the B-10 back in their line-up. I know the word back in the day was that the ELC (which was then GBP300) was better than the Aero (then GBP200). The Aero is no GBP300, don't know what the ELC is. I've seen quite a few Buzzes on eBay, new, for a chunk less than the ELC (allowing of course for shipping and import taxes), though only small sizes. The Buzz Rckson jackets do look great- you might find it easier to track one down in the US (they're limited here to private imports - I assume because ELC are the official importers for BR and they have their own line, they have some level of control over whether they bring in competing products, which makes sense).

Edward

Bartender
I picked my ELC up second hand for under £200 - one of my most comfortable jackets.

Used is definitely the way to go. Harder to find on the cloth jackets, though that can also mean a better deal as the leather is more in demand used too. I have two B15Cs - one an Alpha Replica Series I bought NOS, the other a Buzz Rickson B-15C mod. The Alpha cost me forty quid, the Buzz (which I would swear was never worn) GBP150. At that price, I'd never consider anything other than the Buzz (alas, the new price for those is now a bit rich for my blood - especially the L2 series.... nearly GBP400 for a nylon windbreaker, albeit a beautifully designed and made Nylon windbreaker!).

Aero used to offer "for sale" B 10's at a fair discount from their "standard" price that were not "made to order".
As I understand it they were made whenever one of their jacket makers didn't have anything else in the que to fill in the work slot. They would list them on their web site showing what sizes and color collars they happened to have available at that time.
I picked one up a few years ago...love it. Quality is top notch. Fit is slim-comfortable.
Haven't tried on an ELC B 10.

Edward

Bartender
Btw, from their ebay store: BEWARE!!! We have NO relationship with the website www.spearheadmimitaria.com which use our photos without our approval. the ONLY address of our internet shop is: http://stores.ebay.com/Spearhead-Militaria

I really like this most likely fictional Luftwaffe Tropical jacket they created:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170817612...eName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They do some really nice bits that can easily be worked into civilan garb. The trews I have on in this shot are their Wehrmacht HBT drill trousers, in a cream shade rather than the green of the originals... I bought these specifically for wearing with a blazer in Summer.

391215_10150934655268174_1847412151_n.jpg

Good to be warned of the imposter....

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I have a 42, but it's snug on me so I've given it to my son.
I'll post some images, but ignore the fit as I'm really a vintage 44.

Sgt.MikeHorvath

Familiar Face
I have a 42, but it's snug on me so I've given it to my son.
I'll post some images, but ignore the fit as I'm really a vintage 44.

OK no problem;)
i'll wait for your pics,thank you very much:)

PS:If posible,can you take any pics about the details of the jacket(front,back,inside) too?

Bye

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
Yes, will do - it doesn't disappoint.
I bought it used for £20, so it was a punt, but my son quite likes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points