Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spectator Shoes

StewartU

New in Town
Top Hat said:
I just got back from Allen Edmonds with my custom Strands that I ordered - comments?

customstrands.jpg

I like em! Lots! How much were they?

DapperDuck

Familiar Face
Ridgefields

cookie said:
These AE Ridgefields will be finding their way to me Down Under after recrafting at B Nelson in NYC.

Very nice shoes Cookie. What size are they? I've always wanted a pair of Ridgefields, but I could never find them in my size.

Also, was there any particular reason you did not have AE recraft them?

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
resortes805 said:

I just saw these in person last night....really great shoes! Remix has them in the above color combination in addition to black and white suede as well as in all white suede. I forgot to ask how much they cost, but Remix has them in stock and they are available for purchase.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
resortes805 said:
I just saw these in person last night....really great shoes! Remix has them in the above color combination in addition to black and white suede as well as in all white suede. I forgot to ask how much they cost, but Remix has them in stock and they are available for purchase.

They look Goodyear welted?

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
cookie said:
They look Goodyear welted?

I've been told yes. I have some errands to run down in LA on saturday. I'll take my camera by Remix and snap a few pictures.
-Nicholas Centino

GWD

One Too Many
Found these on the sale rack, couldn't let 'em go.

Allen Edmonds "Hampstead"

web.jpg

I love the look of these, the last pair of "mesh" AE's I had wore out fairly quickly, so I'll wear these sparingly.

Papa Smurf

Familiar Face
Stacy Adams Madison

I just got these shoes a few days ago. They are great, the only problem is they squeak when I walk. I have located the problem, it is where the top of the foot meets the leather the laces are laced through. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to alleviate it? Thanks!

StacyAdamsshoes001.jpg

StacyAdamsshoes003.jpg

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Papa Smurf said:
I just got these shoes a few days ago. They are great, the only problem is they squeak when I walk. I have located the problem, it is where the top of the foot meets the leather the laces are laced through. Has anyone else had this problem or know of a way to alleviate it? Thanks!

StacyAdamsshoes001.jpg

StacyAdamsshoes003.jpg

First off sweet shoes, very nice indeed. Now for the squeak. I use a dab of Pecards leather dressing in between the two layers of leather you've described on my Aldens. It alleviates the squeak for some time. Basically lubricates the area. after a while they don't squeak anymore. But during dryer weather it squeak will return. That is when I use a little extra to keep the leather moist. But not too much, otherwise you'll have a greasy looking leather because the Pecards won't soak in any more. Like I said, a dab. Secondly, don't lace them too tight towards the bottom. This should help as well.
Hope this helps you out.

Cheers!

Dan

Papa Smurf

Familiar Face
Magnoli Clothiers Leland

I just got these custom made Magnoli Clothiers Leland shoes. They are in sienna and white. The leather is so soft, I don't even think a break in period will be necessary. I can't wait until the weather warms up so I can wear them!

MagnoliSummerShoes002.jpg

MagnoliSummerShoes001.jpg

Top Hat

New in Town
Papa Smurf said:
I just got these custom made Magnoli Clothiers Leland shoes. They are in sienna and white. The leather is so soft, I don't even think a break in period will be necessary. I can't wait until the weather warms up so I can wear them!

MagnoliSummerShoes002.jpg

MagnoliSummerShoes001.jpg

Love 'em! I wonder it they come in narrow widths...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred