Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SPERDVAC

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Based in the Los Angeles Area, Sperdvac (The Society to Preserve and Encourage Radio Drama, Variety and Comedy) brings us a mountain of radio from throughout the years. Every month, members of this old time radio group meet at local housings to discuss radio shows and their years, many of which a guest speaker, whom was associated with radio programs at the time it was on the air, attends. Though I have only been to one meeting, they somewhat have less to say and much more to show. Their library includes programs on cassette, compact disc (cd), dvd, transcripts, radio scripts, as well as the reels themselves. The collection has thousands available to their members, and at $25 for the first year's membership, $15 there after, it's a pretty nice deal. You have access to their library, and attend their meetings around the area if you're a local. They send out a magazine entitled Radiogram, which gives you the inside on the OTR society, as well. There's more but you'll be better peaking at their website. http://www.sperdvac.org/

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
oh, one other thing!

Their next meeting is October 14th at the Mid Valley Library in Orth Hills, 16244 Nordoff St. There will also be 3 recreations of radio programs on September 23rd in Sylmar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto