Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spiewak A2

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A few weeks ago I bought a size 42 Spiewak from a collector in the US. The goatskin was in great condition, without flaking or rot, but the knits had to be replaced along with the 1950s chunky Crown zip. I have fitted new cuffs and a triple-marked Talon and repaired the lining. I have the vet's name tag, but as it had been removed from the jacket I decided for present to leave it that way. I will research him in due course. I like the pointed collars on Spiewak jackets and the wider shoulders. This one is rather unsual in that it has the typical ring snaps at the collar, but ball snaps for the pocket closures. My other CBI painted Spiewak just has ring snaps. The goatskin is thick, with nice reddish tones.

022-15.jpg

027-10.jpg

023-12.jpg

024-12.jpg

025-9.jpg

026-12.jpg

028-5.jpg

029-2.jpg

030-4.jpg

031-5.jpg

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Isaac Spiewak and sons had one A2 contract from 1942. Isaac's relatives were behind Bronco and United Sheeplined A2s. All Spiewak A2s are made of goatskin and they are relatively hard to find these days, suggesting a lower production number than some of the larger makers such as Aero and Roughwear.

johnnyjohnny

Practically Family
toP notch maker

yes, nice jacket! spiewak and sons is one of the top makers, or was, for the time that they made a-2s

i have one that i'd love to wear, but even though it's a 46, just a tad too small even though i have a 45.5" chest and usually take 46 size milspec a-2s

one thing i noticed about mine, and then others as i researched them, and can make out in your pix, is that the left collar side is always bigger than the right (actual left, on right side in pix)...i don't know if this was a design of theirs for some reason, or just how their cutters always cut them, but it's something i've seen on mine, and all i've looked at online

as a note, mine follows full ww2 milspec requirements and, because it is a tad small, is for sale if anyone's interested :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn