Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spitfire 944 - Short Documentary Film - USAAF Spitfire (Recon) - Crash Lands

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Excellent 14 minute documentary.... Flight surgeon takes film of crash landing. Pilot, now in his 90s, is shown it for first time. Enjoy:

[video=youtube_share;ie3SrjLlcUY]http://youtu.be/ie3SrjLlcUY[/video]

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Thank you so very much, my friend. I feel so strongly about the preservation of all these wonderful stories, both from military and civilian life. This is the best such documentary I've seen. Very tight, well presented, fast moving. No fillers for time, no repetition of information for a false build. Just excellent!

This gentleman's memory is remarkable!

...I feel so strongly about the preservation of all these wonderful stories, both from military and civilian life. This is the best such documentary I've seen. Very tight, well presented, fast moving. No fillers for time, no repetition of information for a false build. Just excellent!
I couldn't agree more. Well paced and nicely narrated, with no filler or "fluff"--straight to the point, and allows the footage and Mr. Blyth's statements to speak for themselves. I only wish it was longer, something I can't say for a lot of documentaries I've watched over the years.

This gentleman's memory is remarkable!
My father-in-law was like that almost to the day he died at the age of 89, and I never tired of listening to the stories he told (even on those rare occasions when I'd heard them before). You could walk into his garage and point out any tool, and he could tell you when he bought it, where he bought it, why he bought it, what he paid for it, the method of transportation he used to get to and from the store where he bought it, what the weather was like that day, etc.. Remarkable attention to detail; I wish I could remember moments from my own life with such clarity. lol

It was great to see that man's face light up as he watched the footage!
I concur. And, in that moment, it was a perfect use of split-screen that allows the viewer to see both the footage and Mr. Blyth's reaction to seeing it. It's remarkable that his appearance had changed so little over the intervening years; he's easily recognizable as the young pilot that was featured so prominently in the archival footage. All things considered, it's simply a brilliant piece of filmmaking.

Thank you for sharing it with us Zemke Fan! :yo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm