Square toed shoes

Discussion in 'General Attire & Accoutrements' started by jswindle2, Sep 30, 2010.

1. jswindle2

jswindle2 One of the Regulars

I've seen alot of square toed shoes recently,mainly from Stacy Adams. Where they in style before? I thought I read about them being fashionable in the 20's. Is this so?
    Jerry

2. Edward

Edward Bartender

I have a pair of Italian co-respondants with a rather square toe. I have seen mid Thirties pages from Sears with shoes like these in it (this toe shape, not only two-tones). If memory serves, they also had a metal insert on the heel rubber that was the size and shape of a one cent piece, designed to give a 'clicking' sound when walked on.

3. David V

David V A-List Customer

Did they look the same as today's "fashion" square toes or are they a chiseled toe shoe?
    pictures would be a help.

4. jswindle2

jswindle2 One of the Regulars

Florsheims

They were Florsheim's,possibly Tyndall or similar. They were at Goodwill and I couldn't decide whether to buy them.They were practically brand new,but looked a bit strange since I have never owned square toed shoes.