Standard & Strange, Vanishing Point

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by WLemon, Aug 2, 2021.

1. WLemon

WLemon New in Town

D81FCE4C-563C-4CFB-A66F-D6CA333BB2A8.jpeg 2B41D7DD-9FBA-4E1B-9652-3AFAB4B42CA3.jpeg Hello all,
    I've long read posts on here but never signed up for an account. I decided to since I'm trying to sell my Vanishing Point jacket. There's nothing wrong with it. I've decided to size up and need the funds before placing a new order. It's a size 44. (See published measurements.) The only thing that’s different is the sleeves. They are a little shorter as they have creased (see pictures.) Since this is veg tan leather, it started as almost white. It has evolved into this nice Carmel color. Note you can see some marks throughout. This is to be expected as the jacket picks up character as it ages. Note there is also a little sun fading inside the lining. This does not impact the jacket, though. See this website for price and more information: https://standardandstrange.com/coll...orsehide-leather-jacket?variant=12731767128141
    While I am new here, I am in good standing on eBay and the Iron Heart Forum for what that is worth. Please message me for additional pictures or questions. I am asking 800 shipped in the continental United States. I will split overseas shipping.

Attached Files:

2. WLemon

WLemon New in Town

Bump.

3. GW KY

GW KY A-List Customer

Any trades?

4. WLemon

WLemon New in Town

Perhaps. Dm me? I am flexible with the price, though.

5. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

Nice entrance to TFL. I tried on that jacket in their Oakland shop when they had just gotten them in. We literally used gloves so as not to mark the leather in any way. Pretty cool jacket. GLWS!

6. GW KY

GW KY A-List Customer

I had a 42, which is my usual, and sold it because too tight.
    Thinking this 44 may work, how did you find sizing?

7. WLemon

WLemon New in Town

I actually tried the 42 on. It was a little tight in the shoulders and chest. If the 42 was too tight, I think this would work. I am six foot and 220 ish. I also wear a 44 in the Campus jacket from Mister Freedom if that helps. If you have more questions about sizing, please let me know; however, from what I can glean, I think this would work for you.

jonesy86 likes this.
  8. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

I tried on a 46 which felt good to me. Maybe a little big, but I like that. Their specs. looked accurate. I put a tape on a few of their jackets and they were spot on. IMG_2370.JPG

9. WLemon

WLemon New in Town

Yeah, I’d say it’s a pretty standard in terms of sizing. When compared to my type 3 from Iron Heart, I’d say they are very similar and that’s a 44, too.

10. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

I go by:
    P to P
    Shoulders
    Back Length
    Sleeve along the curve
    Bottom Hem

Tag sizes can be anything.

11. WLemon

WLemon New in Town

Yes, that’s the best way to do it. When I measured the jacket, it was spot on in terms of the published measurements. The sleeves are a tad shorter from wear, though.

jonesy86 likes this.
  12. jonesy86

jonesy86 I'll Lock Up

If you buy used, then yes sometimes the sleeves can shorten a little with creasing or tunneling or whatever it is called, but not much. Just measure the exact jacket as is, and don't go by the measurements published by the maker of a new jacket.

13. WLemon

WLemon New in Town

Price cut to 700 shipped to anywhere in the us. Thanks for looking.

14. jimmer_5

jimmer_5 Practically Family

Hey all, I just want to jump in and say that I've done several transactions with Will - he is a lot better known around the Iron Heart forum. He's a stand-up guy, and I can vouch for him. He was very fair with pricing and shipped fast. Buy with confidence.

Boyo likes this.
  15. WLemon

WLemon New in Town

Thanks, Jim! :)

Boyo likes this.
  16. WLemon

WLemon New in Town

And sold.