Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

State your size men!

aliados

One of the Regulars
Hat: 7 3/16 LO

Height: 5'10"

Shirt: 16.5x34

Coat: 44 Portly (before Atkins), 42R (after Atkins)

Pants: 42 (before) 36 (After) 37 (now)

Inseam: 32"

Shoe: 9.5EEE

Am partial to two-button, three piece suits, but can't seek to find my preferred styles nowadays. Apparently, neither single-breasted peaked lapels nor double-breasted lapelled vests are currently "in."

BTW, does anybody out there still wear spats?

Charlie

priestyboy

One of the Regulars
Priestyboy's Sizes:

45-46R Coat, 38X30 pants 11 shoes

I am looking for a 40s suit, I'm just not too sure how to even search. I'm what is considered a "big boy" when it comes to 40s suits. I just can't find anything in a 46 or so. There had to be some fat dudes back then I'm sure!

I amazingly found an actual WWII USN Khaki Service Uniform in exactly my size and in 99% perfect condition (avatar). So I figure there has to be a civilian suit out there.

Any suggestions on what search word to use on e-bay?

Thanks!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
42-43 regular jacket (can take a long if the jacket is short).
17-35 shirt.
37 waist, 30-31 inseam trou.
10 1/2-11 D shoe.
7 5/8 regular or long oval hat.
9 1/2 glove ('fess up fellas...how many know your glove size?)

Biggest thing I'm jonesin' for is a mid-weight, single breasted 3pc suit, from the 30s or slightly later, in any color but brown.

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That'd be a size 9 glove Fletch, Uncle Suger told me so. :p

Of course, I have short fingers (and you know what that means ladies... wait, forget I said that) so if they fit in the palm they often are too long in the fingers, especially the trigger finger, which is annoying.

DOUGLAS

Height -5'9"
Hat -7-1/4
suit -44 regular
trouser-37x29
shirt -17/30
Shoe - 9.5D

I am partial to three button three piece suits. Peaked lapeled vest and jacket with the jacket having a center vent. I like my pants to have a high rise and almost no break at the cuff. Browns in any pattern PLEASE

Duck

Practically Family
Height:6' 4"
Hat: 7 1/8
Jacket: 46L
Pants: 38 x 34
Shirt: 17 1/2 x 36
Shoe: 13 narrow / medium

carebear

Fletch said:
"Uncle Suger"? Does he have anything to do with the earmuff controversy? :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'm just going on the labels inside the gloves that fit me best. Maybe half sizes are some Italian conceit...

I'm sorry, I meant I'm a size 9, not you. I was trying to answer the "who else knows their glove size" question. I learned that because they (Uncle Sam/Suger) issued me gloves in Boot.

anselmo1

One of the Regulars
Jacket-------------46 Long
Trousers-----------42 Waist (Long Rise) 31 Length (I need to lose 4 inches)
Shirt---------------17 1/2 neck 34 sleeve
Coat---------------46 Long
Shoes--------------11D
Hat-----------------7 1/4
Gloves--------------LG/XLG
Socks--------------10-13
Sweater------------XL
Belt----------------42 (many years ago it was 36)
Height--------------6' 2 1/4"
Weight-------------210 lbs

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I have been inspired to stat hitting the thrifts again, and will be keeping an eye on the vintage shops as well. Is there anyone who might want to put this into an easily readable document. I guess it would be a bit of work. But I would be glad to spot stuff in the vintage shops and if I find something really great, contact a few people who might be interested. I would be glad to buy and ship or forward pics and contact info.

I guess I could make my own doc from the five pages, but don't know when I would get around to it.

By the way, is there any normal sized peoplle on this board, or just the very small and the very large? I am almost hte former but as a 38 i can just fit a lot of stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo