Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stein Mart?

ufguy11

One of the Regulars
Is there anyone on the lounge that's a big Stein Mart shopper? I go every once and a while and I kinda like the things they have. They also have a book there, I can't remember the name, it's something like, "How a man dresses". or something along those lines....

Will

One of the Regulars
Is the book Dressing the Man by Alan Flusser? I believe he designed a line of clothes for a company called Stein Mart. I've never seen either the store or the clothes though.

Slicksuit

One of the Regulars
Yes, Stein Mart does carry a line by Alan Flusser. I've never been to a SteinMart, as there is only one location in my state some distance away, but I'm told that he carries a line of suits, ties, and socks for them. The line offers basic styles, but my understanding is that the quality is low (and is imported Taiwanese goods). I think its an attempt by Flusser to make timeless wardrobe staples available to most anyone.

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well, I don't know about other states, but I got word straight from the horse's mouth that Steinmarts across the country are closing. There will be a few leftover, but B-List places like Iowa - GONE!

I dropped by this weekend and picked up two pairs of Ralph Lauren 100%wools slacks (one charcoal, one gray with brown windowpane pattern) for roughly $20 a piece, a 100%cotton long-collar blue Claiborne shirt for $14 and a pair of jeans for about $15.

All in all, I was satisfied - especially with the slacks (I have an odd size and they still had it in stock). So if you have ever been, or ever wanted to go to Steinmart, now's the time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112