Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson 25 Open Road-Style For Sale

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330520597010&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

For sale today is a Stetson Twenty Five fedora up on the bay.

I am not sure how to categorize this fella, but it is set up like an Open Road model. It does not say Open Road anywhere, though. But it for sure isn't a western because it has the bound edge brim like the Open Road.

It has a nice supple leather sweatband with "Stetson Beaver 25" blind stamped on it. I think this one might be from the 1960s but I am not sure. Also I think it was always blind stamped and not gold embossed because there are some owner's initials stamped in it and that is not rubbed off. (see pics)

Now, the size tag says size 7, but I am a perfect 7 and this one is pretty loose on me. It measures 7-3/4 front to back and 6-3/8 side to side. That is just over 22-1/4 in circumference. I'd say that a perfect 7-1/8 could fit in this hat without much trouble.

The felt is very nice and soft. All in all a fine fedora.

Maker: Stetson
Model: Twenty-Five, Open Road
Color: Tan
Ribbon: Tan, Thin, Wind Trolley String
Crown: Diamond Bash
Size: 7 (but very loose for a size 7)
Sweatband: Leather, Reeded
Brim Size: 2-3/4, Tan Brim Binding
Date of Manufacture: 1960s?

It could use a nice cleaning, too.

So why am I selling it? First of all I have a second Stetson 25, so I don;t need 2. And since I've had it, I've never worn it as I have found I prefer the other 25. I wear that one frequently. So, I figured I'd put this up for someone else to enjoy since I am not getting much use out of it.

I have a reserve of only $65 on it which is just a tad more than I paid for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran