Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson 3X Open Road, 7 1/2

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
This is a nice, classic Stetson Open Road, size 7 1/2, silverbelly color. It's in fairly good condition overall; it's just had a naptha bath and is nice and clean. There are a number of moth nibbles; most are pretty small, and shallow; none go all the way through. I've shown pictures of all of them below. It'd make a good project for anyone interested in trying their hand at the repair methods mentioned in this thread. I just worked on a couple of them with a needle and was able to greatly reduce their appearance in just a few minutes.

The brim is 2 3/4" and the crown is about 5 1/2" open. It had a cattleman's crease when I got it, but after the naptha bath I put a more traditional fedora crown in it.

If you've been wanting to join the Open Road Guild but your big head has been pricing you out of membership, this is your chance to get a good deal on an authentic OR!

Because of the moth issues, I'm asking just $100 OBO, including shipping in the CONUS. Will ship elsewhere; PM me for a shipping quote. If you're interested in both this and the Stetson Royal De Luxe I have for sale here, I'll knock $40 off the combined total.

IMG_1609.jpg
IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1611.jpg
IMG_1612.jpg
IMG_1618.jpg
IMG_1620.jpg
IMG_1619.jpg
IMG_1621.jpg
IMG_1622.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads