Stetson Auction

Discussion in 'Hats' started by besdor, Jan 26, 2006.

1. besdor

besdor Vendor/Sponsor

In case anyone is interested ,this Saturday in St Joseph ,Mo ,there will be an auction at the old Stetson factory. I don't know what is there but if anyone from the area can find out , it may be interesting to go .:cool2:

2. Prairie Shade

Prairie Shade A-List Customer

Cant Stop my supply of cheap Hats!!!!

There will be an auction beginning at 9am this Saturday of equipment, office furn, some machinery, hat bodies, unfinished hats etc. Since I'm only a wearer and not a maker, it doesnt sound like a way for me to spend a day. I'm not sure of the equipment involved, I wouldnt know if I saw it probably. The outlet will not be closing however. There is still hope Johnnysan!!! Their phone # is 816 233-3286 if anyone is interested in any machinery or hat bodies. Sorry, this is the extent of my knowledge. PERHAPS someone at the store MAY be able to give more info, or the auction co.

3. besdor

besdor Vendor/Sponsor

Here is some info about the auction. There will be dozens of old hats from the 1940's and up . Still in their original boxes!!!!!! As for the other stuff , I;m stil :cool2: trying to find out some info .

4. Brad Bowers

Brad Bowers I'll Lock Up

AAAGGGHHH! Wish I could be there to see if there are any size 7 3/8 hats, particularly with a Cavanagh Edge! Or a Whippet.

Brad

5. besdor

besdor Vendor/Sponsor

If anyone out there has a truck and a lot of space , this will be the chance of a lifetime to buy great hats at a fraction of the price .
    Go to www.greenacressells.com and link to the Stetson auction .
    :cool2:

6. Hemingway Jones

Hemingway Jones I'll Lock Up Bartender

Did you read the line "Boxes and boxes of vintage antique Stetson hats from the 20's, 30's, and 40's." Geeze, this might be worth a flight out there!

7. Oh man! If I didn't have a previous engagement I would be there. :cry:

Regards to all,

J

8. D. Hats

D. Hats One of the Regulars

Who said Life was Fair...

Unbelievable.... I guess we should see ebay swamped with vintage stetsons. Maybe this will bring the rising prices down... maybe.

9. D. Hats

D. Hats One of the Regulars

Any Fedora Members going?

I know if there're are any Fedora Lounge members going they'd be nuts to let the rest of us know, but... if anyone is going and brave enough to say it here, can I give you my order? You can go ahead and tac on a reasonable finders fee !!!
    I've been intriqued by a Stetson Flagship I recently saw, but no matter where I search I can't find any information???? Watch, there'll be some at the auction :cry: :cry:

10. Kaleponi Craig

Kaleponi Craig A-List Customer

Oh man, is that cool. Wish I could be there!...KC

11. Aaron Hats

Aaron Hats Vendor

I'd show up with a U-haul if it were a little closer or I had more time to plan the trip.

12. besdor

besdor Vendor/Sponsor

Maybe someone with a U haul out there wants to go on a road trip to St Jo ?
    I think most of the hats will be westerns but there are a lot of hats that were brought over from PA (the original factory) .:cool2:

13. Snrbfshn

Snrbfshn A-List Customer

Count me in...

From mid-Carolinas is a fur piece to travel, but if someone else can go I'll help pay the way.

14. Biltmore Bob

Biltmore Bob Suspended

Holy Mackerel...

Somebody go to that auction! Somebody close to the action. Boy, I wish it was in Houston.

15. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

Sure wish I had known about this a couple of weeks ago. Anybody here actually going? I bet one of those oak-and-glass cases is exactly what I've been searching for. Dang.

16. besdor

besdor Vendor/Sponsor

This is a once in a lifetime chance people !! In those file cabnets are all of the old catalogs and posters that Stetson put out over the last 50 years . One can only imagine what is there . The people from Stetson obviously didn't want the stuff so it will be a good chance for someone to get it a good buy.
    Good luck to hoever makes the trip .:cool2:

17. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

No kiddin' there, besdor. Any Loungers live within driving distance of St. Joe? Want gas money? My cell phone number? My credit card info? My first-born? We still have something like 36 hours. Now is the time for a good man (or woman) to come to the aid of his (or her) nation! Time's awastin'.

18. besdor

besdor Vendor/Sponsor

One day to go till the auction . Anybody going ?:cool2:

19. photobyalan

photobyalan A-List Customer

If I could go, that pallet of rock salt would be MINE!!:rolleyes:

20. Vintage deadstock (unworn) Stetsons? Don't count on lower prices!