Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Dune Western Adventure Fedora, 7 1/2 Indiana Jones NIB

Flick

Practically Family
For sale only on TFL is this brand spanking new Stetson Dune in Silverbelly. Comes in the original box. I haven't put this on ebay, this is for the denizens of this forum. 129 plus shipping. Size 7 1/2.

P1010379.JPG

P1010381.JPG

P1010385.JPG

P1010383.jpg

P1010398.jpg

P1010399.jpg

P1010404.jpg

Flick

Practically Family
Nice lid but why make the IJ reference?

:jaw: You know, you caught me and initially I'm not sure. The Leather case I have on is also referenced as such. Perhaps because the reference is synonymous with selling something such as a hat, or a really cool leather case. Both of these could be referenced as outback aussie type as well.

:yield: Anyway please forgive me if I have offended your sensibilities regarding this particular commercial icon. And thank you, it is a nice hat.

Because all fedoras are Indiana Jones fedoras, of
course :)

Really? Please see above. Actually, I have been around a little longer then that. But lets face it, this whole forum is based on on that romantic legacy of yesteryear living including clothing, specially hats, and who romanticizes that better than IJ, as was so succinctly put. So... now why are you'all puttin him down???

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Flick

Practically Family
Awwww, cool beans, a gang pile...

[video=youtube_share;ZCVR_ajL_Eo]http://youtu.be/ZCVR_ajL_Eo[/video]

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The Dune hat, having a lot more "brim" does remind one of a "outback western style", however it is a nice hat regardless.

I think clearly the "connective" language of comparing it to "Indiana Jones" may be what tosses some element of wondering why? Nothing negative to you personally by anyone at all, just a wondering about the IJ aspect.
In part as there are a lot of IJ Hats out there by a variety of makers. Most of those IJ hats have been made to some close "specs" to what the IJ Hat that was used by Harrison Ford in his roles of playing the part. I would think (I could be mistaken) but the Dune does not share any of the dimensions of the IJ hat.

The Dune hat is a very nice hat. I am sure you will have no problem selling it.

Flick

Practically Family
The Dune hat, having a lot more "brim" does remind one of a "outback western style", however it is a nice hat regardless.

I think clearly the "connective" language of comparing it to "Indiana Jones" may be what tosses some element of wondering why? Nothing negative to you personally by anyone at all, just a wondering about the IJ aspect.
In part as there are a lot of IJ Hats out there by a variety of makers. Most of those IJ hats have been made to some close "specs" to what the IJ Hat that was used by Harrison Ford in his roles of playing the part. I would think (I could be mistaken) but the Dune does not share any of the dimensions of the IJ hat.

The Dune hat is a very nice hat. I am sure you will have no problem selling it.

Thank you for your very reasoned missive.

The Crease police and entourage have every right to question and defend the iconic status of my claims of IJ-hood, and I certainly agree that they, as I do that you, have a valid point.

Please understand that I do not take the former IJ question requests negatively, as much as I attempt to ameliorate those requests with my sense of humor, if perhaps unrecognized, LOL, as in not funny, but that's my cross to bear, and certainly doesn't mean that I won't keep trying.

And BTW, Rodney was kidding as well.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Ok...someone buy this hat now....

My comments are strictly made from a great care with some caution and a nice willingness to provide a parachute for softer landings in the classified jungles....lol!

Flick

Practically Family
EBay is one thing but tagging Dr Jones around the Lounge with a more OR style lid is not a way to entice a buyer....

I absolutely agree as well that I did not take into account the incredible wealth of experience with vintage hats that exists on this forum. :doh: I truly love vintage style fedora hats myself.

Please accept my sincere apologies for possibly violating your obvious wealth of vintage fashion knowledge and experience. :nod:

:peace:

My comments are strictly made from a great care with some caution and a nice willingness to provide a parachute for softer landings in the classified jungles....lol!

You're awesome, thanks...

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
It's nothing against you, or Indiana Jones. It's just become somewhat of a funny trope over the years seeing so many auction posts on ebay, and other sites referencing Indiana Jones when their hats look absolutely nothing like the IJ hat. Wal-Mart trilbys, pork pies, tyroleans, bowlers, all referencing Indiana Jones.

That aside, you have a VERY nice hat there. And it IS something that someone would want to wear on an adventure, which is what you were going for. And if I hadn't just splurged on another hat a few days earlier I'd be all over it.

Out of curiosity, what's the crown height?

Flick

Practically Family
I measure crown height at 4 3/4 at the front tapering to 4 inches at the rear.

Thanks for your comments and interest.

Doomstein

One of the Regulars
So by looking at the crease and by what you measured I'm guessing it should be around 5 1/2" open crowned? If so that hat has great potential :D

Flick

Practically Family
So by looking at the crease and by what you measured I'm guessing it should be around 5 1/2" open crowned? If so that hat has great potential :D

Not quite, but close. The felt is pretty stiff, and opening up the crown I measure about 5 1/4.

Thanks, it is a nice hat.

At least you didn't mention "Mad Men"....:eeek:

"Mad Men", ahhh no way for this lid, but that does give me an idea about another hat I have for sale that is being ignored. Thanks, and BTW, I like the Open Road reference for this hat as well.

:cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk