Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Gun Club Catera

ptjoe

Familiar Face
Go with what you like and the most important thing enjoy wearing your hats!!
The Gun Club series by Stetson are a nice line of hats.
I myself was looking at the Rutledge.
All in all have fun looking and whatever you buy again,enjoy!
Remember, there always another hat in the distance, LOL!!!

ptjoe

Familiar Face
Delmonico has the Catera in 2 colors, bark and mink.
With a coupon code injuly, you can get the Catera for around $154.00 with free shipping!
Good luck

ptjoe

Familiar Face
I'm also looking at the Stetson Catera, for 145.00, free shipping Amazon. and the Akubra Lawson for $124.+shipping.
from Australia.
Does the Catera have a genuine leather sweatband? I've seen descriptions stating leather look comfort fabric??
I appreciate your feedback in helping me make a decision on this important issue , LOL!!!

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
I'm also looking at the Stetson Catera, for 145.00, free shipping Amazon. and the Akubra Lawson for $124.+shipping.
from Australia.
Does the Catera have a genuine leather sweatband? I've seen descriptions stating leather look comfort fabric??
I appreciate your feedback in helping me make a decision on this important issue , LOL!!!

I considered those, but bought the RM Williams version of the CampDraft - http://www.australiangear.com/rm-williams-by-akubra-mid-brown.html instead. With a bit of work to reshape the crown, I have been very happy with it.

Fed

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
from Australia.
Thank you for looking at the Catera. Yes it does come with a Leather Sweatband.

Jeff

Solo lobo

New in Town
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hi; Although I am a new member, I have been lurking for a while, enjoying the hat info. In the avitar, I am wearing a custom "Gus", I had made by the Jackson Hole Hat Company several years ago out of a 4x fur blank. It sure gets the looks.
I am looking for a more casual hat to wear while photographing and I was wondering is any member has any comments on the Stetson Catera?
Cheers,
HalD
It's a cowboy hat, 3 1/4" brim, downturned front and back. (I did find one vendor that showed it turned up on the sides.) It's a 4X, and should be fairly nice. Have you seen and touched one?

StetsonCatera.jpg
The Stetson Catera is a 5X hat not a 4X I have one and I love my Catera

View attachment 341282 View attachment 341283

Welcome Solo.

Just pointing out that you have replied to a couple of 13 yr old posts & the OP's are no longer active. No harm or need to fret; it happens frequently as newbies learn their way around.

The Gun Club goes back into the 1970's, long before there was a Catera & other models. It was not yet a series, & they were all 4X fur felt. I bought one in the post Urban Cowboy era. The exact era of time when the 4X fur felt was dropped isn't known for sure but most likely 1990's. The 4X designation is now used in their Buffalo felted hats which is a blend of bison hair & wool. I know nothing about your hats 5X blend.

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars
Thread Bump Thursday... Two days early. Quick backstory - I bought a new Stetson Catera in May of 2021 and that just made me want a custom beaver felt western (which I wound up getting from Major Mike at Buckaroo Hatters). I have used the Catera as a crash test dummy to see what I can get away with in shaping a hat. I soaked the hat in the shower and worked on getting the crown back to open (there is still a slight bump or two from the factory crease). I did the same with the brim to try and get it flat.
So here is where I am today...
20220419_110459.jpg

20220419_110514.jpg

FYI, I pulled off the cheap vinyl hatband on about day two and have a handmade leather braided band for the finished hat.

I am still trying to decide on a crease but I want it to be minimal as the crown is not very tall. I am giving some thought to a "Cool Hand Luke" crease but I am open to any ideas anyone may want to offer.

I'll post the finished hat... When I get there.

View attachment 341282 View attachment 341283

I know this is almost a year late….
The modern Gun Club line have some good looking outdoors hats. A lot of folks also find them easier to wear than a larger western/cowboy hat.

The Gun Club line has been around at least since the 1960s and they were made in several quality levels such as the 3X, 4X, 7X and Royal DeLuxe. The line has certainly morphed over the years to include stingy brims, pork pies, and westerns. I like your Catera, and the color is fantastic! I hope you’re still enjoying it.

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars
The finished hat. Sort of a modified CHL crease. I can't help it - I like a front pinch. Plus it helps break up the taper and the round shape of the hat. The crown was 4.25" with a factory crease. With this, I am at just shy of 4.75" crown. It is actually a little taller than my other hat with a 6" open crown (finished at about 4.5").

Front High.jpg

Front Low.jpg

Side.jpg

Back.jpg

Front Side.jpg

It will be a good hat to kick around in maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk