Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson hat Age identification by the liner

Rusty Crudd

New in Town
Hi,

I buy, sell and collect Stetson hats and other old western hats I find in thrift shops around Central Texas.

I have been looking for a in depth book that will help me identify a Stetson hat by the liner that is in it.

There used to be a really informative website,
www.publiusforum.com/2011/01/01/dating-stetsons-company-crests-hat-liners/
This site no longer works.

I have Stetson Hats 1865-1970 by Jeffery B. Snyder. This book does not have pictures of all the liners used from the beginning of the Stetson Hat Company.
Does anyone have a suggestion on a book or website?
Thanks!

Keensteen

New in Town
Hi,

I buy, sell and collect Stetson hats and other old western hats I find in thrift shops around Central Texas.

I have been looking for a in depth book that will help me identify a Stetson hat by the liner that is in it.

There used to be a really informative website,
www.publiusforum.com/2011/01/01/dating-stetsons-company-crests-hat-liners/
This site no longer works.

I have Stetson Hats 1865-1970 by Jeffery B. Snyder. This book does not have pictures of all the liners used from the beginning of the Stetson Hat Company.
Does anyone have a suggestion on a book or website?
Thanks!
Hey Rusty…I’m in the same boat, so to speak. Lots of old Stetsons…but needing a site or book dedicated to identifying them. Any suggestions?
Appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk