Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Imperial Ultimate, "Murphy" 7-1/2

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I just don't wear this hat, so it needs to go to a new home. I bought it New Old Stock (NOS) off ebay last year and have only worn it 4 or 5 times. It is in "as new" condition, has never been worn in the rain or other extreme elements. Stetson called it their "Murphy" and apparently it was a special run that Stetson did, with the Imperial Ultimate designation. You'll notice the Miller Hats .com liner, and also a punch hole in the sweat. I was told these hats were bought wholesale from shops that were closing down. The ebay seller was sewmaster53 and I paid about $134 for my hat with shipping and all added in.

The ribbon/bow is black, and the 2-3/4" bound brim has matching graphite ribbon. Crown height as creased is about 4-1/4" at the front, raking down to 4" in the back, and the sides at the tallest point at 5".

Felt color is Graphite and is a nice darker charcoal color. I'm asking $70 and that includes shipping to your mailing address in the lower 48 states. Alaska and Hawaii may be more for shipping.

I took the pictures from different angles to try and show the color with varying amounts of natural light. I took about 22 pictures, so if you want more pictures just send me a pm here on the FL with your email address and I can forward them to you.

The feather is removable and came with the hat in the provided mini ziplock baggie. If you don't want it, just say so and I'll leave it out. The hat comes with the box and plastic covering bag, but the hat stand and hat brush are not included.

Thanks for looking!

i-zZgJ57p-M.jpg

i-JWRXSPJ-M.jpg

i-Zt8gV8n-M.jpg

i-j4jVcmN-M.jpg

i-sMXBFGG-M.jpg

i-Dsf2W7x-M.jpg

i-N2Kd278-M.jpg

i-PJFxNw2-M.jpg

i-4k5F2qn-M.jpg

i-GR78kD4-M.jpg

i-M5t5Cnv-M.jpg

i-Pvx93bL-M.jpg

i-NkZdmPd-S.jpg

i-n6rR7nL-S.jpg

i-vz5RNmN-S.jpg

i-H6mtQ2W-M.jpg

i-bqnS74Q-M.jpg

Last edited:

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
I need to add some information a cool FL'r sent me about hole-punched hats.

Just so you know, hats sold at Stetson Outlets that have a hole punch in the sweat are factory seconds or returns/rejects by hat retailers. That's why your hat also has the Miller liner. The seller told you a story. You may or may not be able to find a defect why it was rejected by either Stetson QC or Miller.

I don't know what the reject reason may have been, but in light of this information I want to lower the price to $50, and shipping is included to the lower 48.

...and I got a perfect Stetsonian from the outlet with a hole stamped in the sweat.
I have three hats from this Ebay seller (Sewmasters) each a Stetson with the hole punched sweat. I purchased them as show samples and all three are as good as any I have seen in shops at full price. One of the Stetsonians had a line in the felt just below the ribbon but that was the only discernable flaw in the bunch.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I have three hats from this Ebay seller (Sewmasters) each a Stetson with the hole punched sweat. I purchased them as show samples and all three are as good as any I have seen in shops at full price. One of the Stetsonians had a line in the felt just below the ribbon but that was the only discernable flaw in the bunch.
Good tip re Sewmasters. Thx.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112