Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson reorder number info...

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
First off, gtd -- unfortunately, I can't answer your question. :( But, that being said, I can tell you that I was able to crack most of the modern re-order code for Stetson/Hatco lids (like the Gun Club). That code has 8 numbers in sequence. The first two numbers indicate the number of XXX's (i.e., "04" = 4X). The next two numbers indicate the "profile" (the way the hat is blocked/creased). The next two numbers after that indicate the color (i.e., "12" = bark; "61" = silver belly). The last two numbers I am clueless about.

I have no idea whether vintage Stetson re-order codes can be "de-coded" in a similar fashion -- but, it would be pretty neat if we could figure it out...:)

Cheers,
JtL

Thanks for that info Jimmy. I'm hoping some of the vintage experts may have a catalog or Roseta stone for this sort of thing. It is a neat color, not silver belly, not brown, that the photos I take don't show, sort of a dark khaki. I love a good mystery!... gtd

What era is your hat?

One thig for sure, it doesn't include the size (assuming we're talking about the label rimmed in orange?). Under the "to reorder …" it should read, "Also give size wanted".

Most worryingly for the notion of a consistent numbering system: The two Whippets i own have completely different reorder numbers. One has 435884, the other reads H609797. I suspect this numbering system will go the way of the vintage Borsalino one.

bk

Baron Kurtz said:
One thig for sure, it doesn't include the size (assuming we're talking about the label rimmed in orange?). Under the "to reorder …" it should read, "Also give size wanted".

Most worryingly for the notion of a consistent numbering system: The two Whippets i own have completely different reorder numbers. One has 435884, the other reads H609797. I suspect this numbering system will go the way of the vintage Borsalino one.

bk
Right BK, it does say "also give size wanted" below the number. The size sticker is on the other side, which says 7 1/2 then has 2 1/2 and warns to look at other sticker for reorder number... gtd

HATCO

Vendor
jimmy the lid said:
First off, gtd -- unfortunately, I can't answer your question. :( But, that being said, I can tell you that I was able to crack most of the modern re-order code for Stetson/Hatco lids (like the Gun Club). That code has 8 numbers in sequence. The first two numbers indicate the number of XXX's (i.e., "04" = 4X). The next two numbers indicate the "profile" (the way the hat is blocked/creased). The next two numbers after that indicate the color (i.e., "12" = bark; "61" = silver belly). The last two numbers I am clueless about.

I have no idea whether vintage Stetson re-order codes can be "de-coded" in a similar fashion -- but, it would be pretty neat if we could figure it out...:)

Cheers,
JtL

The last 2 numbers indicate brim size.

30 = 3"

32 = 3 1/4"

34 = 3 1/2"

etc....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112