Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Sweat Stamps/ LOT XXXX

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
lot 5743
1e87071ab9757141873b71ac64cae38e.jpg
33f179e8ad64e22ee4e9681fb6bc6b92.jpg
ec0530045ab9261a9369e4bbb66aa433.jpg

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
So here's my thoughts, is it possible that the lot number isn't for the sweat bands?

We've seen the old Stetson invoices or slips that companies would use to order hats from Stetson. Could the lot number pertain to those invoices; so if Eakle ordered 50 hats from Stetson in a variety of colors and finishes on one invoice, could that be why these match up, even though they are different finishes & weights?

So here's my thoughts, is it possible that the lot number isn't for the sweat bands?

We've seen the old Stetson invoices or slips that companies would use to order hats from Stetson. Could the lot number pertain to those invoices; so if Eakle ordered 50 hats from Stetson in a variety of colors and finishes on one invoice, could that be why these match up, even though they are different finishes & weights?

It is certainly a plausible thought, Justin. A strong clue would be to find a document that references a LOTXXXX number with a purchase order or invoice. Four digits would not seem adequate to cover even a fraction of the orders in a single year, though, during the era when they were used.

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
It is certainly a plausible thought, Justin. A strong clue would be to find a document that references a LOTXXXX number with a purchase order or invoice. Four digits would not seem adequate to cover even a fraction of the orders in a single year, though, during the era when they were used.
Left side of documents shows LOT info with varying numbers
b7ba1c34060fb0390570cbe3c2e7e642.jpg
6cabaeb23b4d59e33f25f52a17b2afa0.jpg

Very interesting addition - thanks for posting Justin. Would make sense that these numbers on the invoices correspond to the imprints on the sweatbands and that the LOTXXXX numbers are connected with a production series of hats and not sweatbands. My guess would be that the LOTXXXX numbers identify a run of product at the factory rather than a particular stores' order. I wonder how many iterations of these series of numbers there were (from previous postings on this thread, at least two - from the invoices you shared, perhaps three or more?) and why the sequenced imprints ended at the beginning of the second World War.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points