Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Vita-felt

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, this is the same one you saw at my house that you really liked. The crown is pretty high, just under 6 inches in an open state. With all the talk about felt fedora's tapering, one can see from this one that vintage felt doesn't taper too much.

fedoralover

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Stetson Medalist Vita-Felt

Just traded my Stetson Porkpie for this, with a fellow whom I've encouraged to join the Lounge.

It's a Stetson Medalist with no liner, and it's a Vita-Felt. I think I'll be wearing this one a lot. Here are a few pictures, click on the small ones for a bigger version:

StetsonMedalist06.jpg

Any guesses as to its vintage?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Tony, you made an excellent trade . That hat is vintage 1940's and is a great quality hat . There is no way that Stetson could ever duplicate that hat today.

Steven

Razzman

One Too Many
Great trade Tony. I think you got the better of the deal.:D That is a very fine looking hat. :eusa_clap It's just my opinion, but I think that hat is good look on you. I'd make that trade anytime. What is the crown height and brim width?

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Actually, I think it was a win-win trade. The fellow who got my porkpie is very happy, and it was a Royal Deluxe in near-perfect shape. He's a stand-up bass player in the Detroit area, who has family who worked at J.L. Hudson, where the porkpie was first sold.

The crown on the Medalist in the center-dent bash I have on it now (since those pictures) is about 4-3/4" and the brim is 2-5/8".

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
That is a sharp lid, Tony. The contrast of the ribbon and bound edge is fantastic. Is that a lightweight felt? I'm think that maybe one of the really lightweight, unlined hats is the only way I'll be able to wear felt out here, so I'm always interested in the weights on those vintage lids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points