Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Whippet, Lee Adventure and Dobbs Fifteen 6 7/8-7

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
These will probably never make it to my rotation, so I'd rather have them go to a better home than just sit and collect dust. Any questions, just ask. Paypal preferred

Mid to Late 50s Stetson Whippet, Tagged 7:
Nice tan color. The ribbon hat a brown/purple tone to it and is probably not original. I have never seen a Whippet with this type of ribbon treatment. Cellophane on the liner has been removed since picture was taken.
Issues: 1. Sweatband seam is split in the back, but it is being held together by size tag. Should be an easy fix. 2. Has that green "residue" (not sure what it is called) on the back of the sweat and has rubbed just a bit on the felt. 3. Slight yellowing of the liner but nothing major.

Crown: ~5" open
Brim: 2 3/4"

$60 + shipping

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Lee Adventure

Size: Tagged 7 but fits more like a 6 7/8
Dark brown with some greenish hues. The only issue some extremely light moth tracks under the ribbon. It is so minimal that I could not pick it up with the camera. Pre-shaped teardrop/ C crown crease.

Crown: 4 1/4 at the pinch
Brim: 2 1/2"

Color is darker than it appears in photos. I will try to get better pictures up tomorrow under natural light.

img2283z.jpg

img2280g.jpg

img2282h.jpg

$45 + shipping

GoneSolo

One of the Regulars
Light Gray Dobbs Fifteen

A beautiful hat with buttery soft felt. Has a pink-ish 1 5/8" ribbon. Brim has plenty of snap and its binding is fairly wide at ~5/8" Too much hat for me, but maybe someone around here can pull if off. Tagged 7 but might be able to be stretched.

Crown: 5 3/4"
Brim: WIDE 2 7/8" almost 3"

I do not have pictures of the liner, but it has a generic Dobbs liner similar to this:

The colors are inverted though (White background instead of blue, lions are in gold, etc)

$85 + shipping

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points