Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Steve McQueen's tweed jacket

I am new to this concept - what clothing with ties to famous actors / movies is worth - but this is an eye-opening moment: $600 - $800 thousand (as in three more zeros)? And we are not talking Dorothy's slippers from the Wizard of Oz; this is Steve McQueen's sport coat from Bullitt. Yes, a good rule-breaking-for-the-greater-good / angst-driven cop movie, with probably the best car-chase scene in a movie ever, but still, this is not Rick's white dinner jacket from Casablanca (which should be worth the GDP of a small country if McQueen's jacket is really worth $600k+). People should spend their money however they want, but I would have lost a lot betting someone on the value of this jacket.

Talbot

One Too Many
I'm sure whoever buys it (for whatever price) will have deep pockets.

Investments where the intrinsic value is not apparent and needs to be explained are always too volatile for me.

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
THE Bullitt suede chukka, by Sanders, http://www.sanders-uk.com/shop/product/hi-top-6480tds
Question is, do these have Goodyear welt? The whole crepe sole looks glued on... but it's a heritage English shoe company so I trust the quality is good. I'm wearing a pair now, very very comfortable, except that 1) they fit tight so order one size up, and 2) some people may experience rubbing on the heel counter edge, it's rubbing my left, but not right foot.

Talbot

One Too Many
Dessert Boots aka Dee Bees, were very common down under in the 60's & 70's, but would denote you as a bit of a dag later years. They seem to be enjoying something of a comeback. They are a great cheap casual shoe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112