Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stitch Fix

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
Hi I’ve this stitch on the collar of a jacket that id like to try cleaning up a tad, and I'm just wondering if I should try trimming/cutting it or just leave as is? Has anyone else has experienced something similar? I don’t want to mess with it if it’ll cause any damage, as it's pretty minor, but would love to clean up if I can... would love advice thanks :)

Reactions: jeo

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Can't tell from the photo but looks mostly fine to me. Maybe leave it. Most handmade objects have a wonky stitch or scratch or defect of some kind. if it's a loose thread with the end unattached you can trim it without issue. Sometimes you can pull these lose bits and it often turns out to be just a piece of thread that got stuck.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I have always trimmed these kind of things and never had a problem, Just make sure you use good scissors.
If it is a poly thread you can even burn the ends.

jeo

One Too Many
Hi I’ve this stitch on the collar of a jacket that id like to try cleaning up a tad, and I'm just wondering if I should try trimming/cutting it or just leave as is? Has anyone else has experienced something similar? I don’t want to mess with it if it’ll cause any damage, as it's pretty minor, but would love to clean up if I can... would love advice thanks :)

Btw just curious.. what jacket is that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericsanpablo31

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys fixed it easily. It’s a sugar cane half belt... kind of similar to a Hercules. Amazing jacket! Stitch work on freewheelers unparalleled though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk