Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stompers is selling Stompers branded US MADE Motorcycle Jackets

coloradorider

One of the Regulars
Hello All, Stompers Boots in San Francisco is now selling their eponymous line of motorcycle jackets manufactured by Johnson Leathers (also located in San Francisco). Thought I'd mention this to the forum for the following great reasons:
  • They have 3.5 ounce or 4 ounce leather options. These are slightly heavier than Johnson's normal offerings.
  • MADE IN USA - for those who care about provenance
  • Prices vary between $520-$690

Here's the issues:
  • Only come in standard sizing. Some customization is available for an additional cost. Sleeve length adjustmet - $100.
  • There's only two styles - A Cafe Racer and a Perfecto type jacket
  • Seems you can choose from 3.5 ounce black leather and 4 ounce black leather, in any color of black you'd like.
  • Can't customize the hardware - comes in nickel.

I'd be interested in any feedback if someone has bought one of their jackets. The Cafe Racer looks like a good option for someone who might want a black Highwayman-style jacket at the $520+ price point. I've read very good feedback on the forum about Johnson Leathers so I would assume these are pretty solid jackets. I've been trolling for a used black Highwayman for a while and the Stompers Cafe Racer is an option for a black leather jacket with a few differences from the Highwayman (e.g. biswing, zipsleeves, no yoke) if my patience wears thin....

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Wow! The cafe racer is exactly what I have been trying to find. I think they nailed it. Great design and a good price for a made in USA leather.
I wonder if 3.5 or 4 is a better way to go? Sometimes the really heavy stuff feels bulky.

Aether

One of the Regulars
Look like nice jackets, especially the Speedster. But I hope to God that's a Mars bar in that fella's pocket...

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Look like decent enough, if unremarkable designwise, jackets to me. Very all-American in style, Schott rather than Lewis. Could well be worth considering if their location works for you. I hear good things about Johnson leathers in these parts, so chances are they're pretty good.

D

Deleted member 16736

Alan does great work and for a lot less than what others charge. His jacket comes with a Lifetime Guarantee and will probably last you a lifetime. In 4 oz., it will be tough stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot