Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stone's Ginger Joe

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I was wondering if anyone here has tried this beverage and what they thought of it? Plus is it possible to get it in The States?
2-15082-ginger-joe-glass-bottle.jpg

It piqued my interest since I enjoy ginger drinks and thought this one interesting.

Cheers!

Dan

galopede

One of the Regulars
It appears to be a 4%bv alcoholic ginger beer. Not seen it in the shops though I see Tesco sells the stuff.

I've had a few bottles of the Crabbie's version which has been going for a few years. Quite nice as a summer drink when chilled but couldn't drink many of them! Not the strength, just a bit claggy tasting for me.

Gareth

Edward

Bartender
Hi Dan

Is a Ginger Ale, or a Ginger Beer? Oddly enough, I love most Ginger Ale and can't stand Ginger Beer.

Later

Assume you don't have a sweet tooth, then? IME, the biggest difference is that ginger beer tends to be much sweeter. I prefer the latter myself, but I like both. Also my mixer of choice with whiskey, rum, and gin.

Methuselah

One of the Regulars
Lidl have a good range of Crabbie's booze at the moment - Ginger beer, Orange-Ginger beer, ginger wine, ready mixed whisky Mac, and something else that escapes me at the moment. Bargain prices - but I should say that the ready mixed whisky Mac (17%) is a pale comparison to a properly done one. My mixer of choice being  ginger wine when used in a 50-50 ratio :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk