Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stratoliner Hawaiian shirt

DamianM

Vendor
Great design. but you are right the Hawaiian shirt market is down. I will not pay 500 for a shirt. Could pick up two suits for that price.
Ive actually seen this one up a couple of times from the same seller who has a massive amount of sportswear from the 40s and 50s. Wild prints are his game.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
It deserves to be owned by somebody with a vintage Stratoliner hat with the Stratoliner pin. The pattern also features Stratocruisers, which I suppose dates it to AFTER the war.

HardBoiledMarlowe

One of the Regulars
The market wasn't down for this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-1940S-PAN-AM-AIRPLANE-RAYON-HAWAIIAN-SHIRT-RARE-M-NR-/181150509391?pt=Vintage_Men_s_Clothing&hash=item2a2d69694f&nma=true&si=ArdPGATvW%252F5GoGf9SGvGLl8w9kA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I would think that the biggest problem with the one that didn't sell is condition. There are still collectors who will pay a premium for Hawaiian shirts in excellent condition. If you watch enough auctions you'll still see some going for steep prices. Snappygabs consistently pulls at least $200-$400 dollars for the really good stuff. He definitely delivers the goods when it comes to Hawaiian shirts and other unique 40's and 50's sportswear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana